West Virginia Window Replacement
A West Virginia window replacement is the ideal way to save money on the heating and air conditioning costs in your home. If you have begun to notice that the windows in your home are drafty or seem to be letting the heat in through the glass, it is probably time for a West Virginia window replacement. You can find hundreds of styles and designs of replacements available when you shop online. You will also save money when you compare rates from the top providers in West Virginia. Whether you need to replace a horizontal, or a casement style, you can find the West Virginia window replacement that you need.
A West Virginia window replacement will provide you with extraordinary savings. Windows and doors are the biggest place that most West Virginia homes lose their heat during the winter. When you replace old windows with new efficient designs, you will be amazed at how much warmer your home will be in the winter. Not only will you be saving money on your heating and cooling bills, you may also qualify for a tax credit when you use Energy Star approved material.
The Energy Star program was developed to encourage homeowners to use energy efficient material for their home improvement needs. In order for a replacement to have the approval, it must meet the guidelines that have been set by the program for maximum energy efficiency. If you use these materials, you may qualify for a tax rebate of tax savings if you save your receipts. Be sure to ask your West Virginia tax professional for more information.
A replacement window's energy efficiency is determined by three factors, the U value, the solar heat gain, and the air infiltration. The U value is the measurement of the amount of heat that moves through a window's glass pane. The lower the U value, the more insulating the unit is and so the more efficient.
The solar heat gain is the measurement of the solar energy that passes through the replacement window's glass. In this case, if you live in a cold climate, you may prefer the higher solar heat gain to allow the sun to warm your home. In areas that have a hotter climate, the lower solar heat gain is more efficient.
The air infiltration is the amount of air that will pass around the window's frame. If air is leaking around the windows in your home, they were not installed properly or the frame has been damaged or rotted. If you have air leakage around the frames, you are losing an enormous amount of energy through the units.
Vinyl Window Replacement
If you have and older style West Virginia home, you may want to use a vinyl West Virginia window replacement to replace the styles you have today. Vinyl is considered by some to be the perfect replacement choice for any windows. Because of its lack of maintenance and beautiful look, vinyl is one of the easiest replacement choices to take care of.
Unlike wooden designs, vinyl will not warp, chip, or peel. The color of the vinyl is mixed into the material at the factory so it can last for many years without needing to be touched up. A vinyl West Virginia window replacement also comes in a variety of colors and styles to choose from. Whether you need a casement, double hung, or horizontal sliding window, you can find them in a vinyl design.
The frames of a vinyl window are made much like thermal windows. They are hollow and trap air inside for maximum insulation. Because of their insulation properties, vinyl is one of the best Energy Star products on the market today. Check with the provider about the options you can get in vinyl for your West Virginia home.
Choosing Window Replacements
Before you choose a West Virginia window replacement, you will first need to know the size of your existing ones. You can get this measurement by measuring the window's height and width in three locations. Use the smallest measurement for the size. You will also need to know what kind of window you would like to choose.
If you like the current look of your West Virginia home, you will want to choose a West Virginia window replacement that matches the current designs. Changing the window design on a home can change the entire look of the house. On the other hand, this can be a good thing if you are looking to give your home a completely new look.
A West Virginia window replacement can save you money on your energy bills, and provide you with tax savings as well. Talk to a provider about their available Energy Star products and be sure to save your receipts for your tax professional.
Energy Star Ratings for West Virginia Replacement Windows
|North-Central Climate Zone||0.30 or less||0.40 or less|
|Northern Climate Zone||0.30 or less||0.00 or more|
|0.31||0.35 or more|
|0.32||0.40 or more|
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your West Virginia county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Find Local West Virginia Installers
West Virginia Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Tom's Home Repair PO Box 511 Anmoore WV 26323 (304) 622-2946 Edit Listing
- Window Depot USA 6349 US Route 60 E # 5b Barboursville WV 25504 (304) 302-2222 Edit Listing
- Excel Window Co PO Box 3100 Beckley WV 25801 (304) 252-0300 Edit Listing
- Window World 624 Stanaford Rd Beckley WV 25801 (304) 252-7494 Edit Listing
- Peterman's Home IMPRVMT LLC 140 Grand Ave Bridgeport WV 26330 (304) 842-2140 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 4710 Maccorkle Ave SW Charleston WV 25309 (304) 766-6800 Edit Listing
- Hard Surface Renovations LLC 198 Mockingbird Ln Fairmont WV 26554 (304) 612-0635 Edit Listing
- Window World 148 Middletown Rd Fairmont WV 26554 (304) 366-2516 Edit Listing
- David Kline Window & Door 22 Falling Waters Dr Falling Waters WV 25419 (304) 274-3746 Edit Listing
- Xtreme Xteriors 2569 Court St Fayetteville WV 25840 (304) 574-6934 Edit Listing
- Renovators Workshop 19757 Sweet Springs Vly Gap Mills WV 24941 (304) 772-4711 Edit Listing
- Harley Construction Inc 162 Nancy Jack Rd Gerrardstown WV 25420 (304) 229-5288 Edit Listing
- Carroll G Miller Enterprisies 215 W Hill Rd Grafton WV 26354 (304) 265-5945 Edit Listing
- Jim Poole Home Projects LLC 155 Brumbaugh Ln Hedgesville WV 25427 (304) 754-9474 Edit Listing
- Rick Powell Home & Garden 1168 Lodge Rd Hedgesville WV 25427 (304) 676-8672 Edit Listing
- Advantage Basement & Fndtn 2185 Elk Fork Rd Middlebourne WV 26149 (304) 758-0500 Edit Listing
- Mountaineer Glass & Mirror LLC 601 E Brockway Ave Morgantown WV 26501 (304) 296-3615 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 918 Chestnut Ridge Rd Morgantown WV 26505 (304) 599-1013 Edit Listing
- Broken Windows 1303 1st St Moundsville WV 26041 (304) 810-0467 Edit Listing
- Garamella Construction LLC 45 Locust Ave Moundsville WV 26041 (304) 845-7573 Edit Listing
- Replacement Window Co PO Box 426 Moundsville WV 26041 (304) 845-3568 Edit Listing
- Betterliving Of West Virginia 600 1st Ave S Nitro WV 25143 (304) 201-0161 Edit Listing
- Crown Vinyl Products 540 Industrial Dr Oak Hill WV 25901 (304) 469-2260 Edit Listing
- Airtight Construction Co 1724 7th St Parkersburg WV 26101 (304) 485-0438 Edit Listing
- American Plate Glass Inc 321 9 1/2 St Parkersburg WV 26101 (304) 422-0006 Edit Listing
- Finn Construction 3005 Emerson Ave Parkersburg WV 26104 (304) 422-3466 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 2715 Murdoch Ave # B2 Parkersburg WV 26101 (304) 485-2855 Edit Listing
- Ultra Clean 3207 27th St Parkersburg WV 26104 (304) 428-5424 Edit Listing
- Wincore Window Co LLC 250 Staunton Tpke Parkersburg WV 26104 (304) 485-7460 Edit Listing
- Windows Outlet 711 Broadway Ave Parkersburg WV 26101 (304) 834-3934 Edit Listing
- WV Restoration & Remodeling 144 Blenn Lake Rd Parkersburg WV 26101 (304) 488-4690 Edit Listing
- Mulberry Remodeling 2302 Mount Vernon Ave Point Pleasant WV 25550 (304) 608-2073 Edit Listing
- Ramsey Construction RC Dsgns PO Box 1238 Princeton WV 24740 (304) 487-1926 Edit Listing
- Clear Choice USA-Charleston 4815 Teays Valley Rd Scott Depot WV 25560 (304) 204-4785 Edit Listing
- Terry Lilly Contracting Inc PO Box 243 Shady Spring WV 25813 (304) 763-4327 Edit Listing
- Spencer Window & Remodeling 961 Egypt Rdg Spencer WV 25276 (304) 927-3597 Edit Listing
- H & M Home Improvement Inc 814 Saunders St St Albans WV 25177 (304) 722-2969 Edit Listing
- Loftis Kitchens & Baths 1291 Highland Dr St Albans WV 25177 (304) 727-0607 Edit Listing
- Window World 728 Winfield Rd St Albans WV 25177 (304) 755-3224 Edit Listing
- Wincore Windows 1171 46th St Vienna WV 26105 (304) 580-0127 Edit Listing
- Window World 517a 21st St Vienna WV 26105 (304) 295-4405 Edit Listing
- E Raggi Home Improvement Co 3613 Main St Weirton WV 26062 (304) 797-0200 Edit Listing
- Lucas Electric & Remodeling 130 Culler Rd Weirton WV 26062 (304) 723-7333 Edit Listing
- Windows Plus 112 W Main St West Union WV 26456 (304) 873-1988 Edit Listing
- A J Gray Aluminum Products 3800 Jacob St Wheeling WV 26003 (304) 233-2626 Edit Listing
- Edge Window Svc LLC 23 Ridge Ave Wheeling WV 26003 (304) 242-3363 Edit Listing
- Tmk Construction LLC 1501 Chapline St Wheeling WV 26003 (304) 233-3995 Edit Listing
- Yocks Remodeling 248 Fairmont Ave Wheeling WV 26003 (304) 232-0150 Edit Listing