Vermont Window Replacement
A Vermont window replacement can give your home a whole new look. It can also provide you excellent savings on your heating and air conditioning costs and potentially provide you with a tax rebate. If you have not seen the amazing amount of styles and sizes to choose from lately, shop online and check out how many types of Vermont replacements are available today. Save money by comparing rates from top Vermont window replacement providers and order your new windows to be delivered right to your home.
A Vinyl Vermont window replacement is made out of PVC. These windows have excellent guarantees and are the perfect choice for a replacement. A vinyl replacement window comes in a variety of sizes and styles to choose from. Perhaps you enjoy the look of grills but hate to clean around them. If so, you will love the grill choices you can get with vinyl. You can choose one that has the grills between two pieces of glass eliminating the need to clean around them but still gives you the look of the grills.
Vinyl choices also include thermal windows. Thermal windows have two or three panes. These windows provide excellent energy efficiency because they provide additional insulation from the hot and cold weather outside. Because of the heavy winters in Vermont, a thermal unit is the ideal choice in this area.
A vinyl Vermont window replacement is made to withstand even the harshest winters in Vermont. Their frames are built hollow to allow the air to provide even more insulation. They are also designed to not warp, rot, or deteriorate when they come in contact with water. If you own a home in Vermont, you will love how easy a vinyl Vermont window replacement is to take care of.
Installing a Vermont window replacement is very easy to do yourself. You may want to consider a replacement kit that comes with all the necessary material to do the replacement. There are three basic types of kits available, sash, insert, and a full frame replacement. A sash kit gives old unit new movable parts. You will attach the jamb liners to the existing unit then add the new sash in between.
An insert Vermont window replacement, is a fully assembled unit that is designed to fit inside your existing frame. Your existing frame must be level and square to use this type of kit. You will note that the glass will be slightly smaller in size because you are basically putting one window inside another.
A full frame Vermont window replacement is one that is a complete window including the side jambs, header, and sill. This is an excellent choice if your old frames are damaged or rotted. To install this unit, you will need to remove the old window and strip it down to the rough frame opening. These are also a good choice if you are changing the style of the window, for instance, from a casement to an awning.
Whether you choose a sash, insert, or full frame replacement for your Vermont home, you will undoubtedly realize that the savings you will see on your heating and air conditioning bills will pay for the replacement in no time. Be sure to inspect the frame of the old windows before you purchase the new ones so you will get the correct one for your needs.
Energy Efficient Windows
A window's energy efficiency is measured by three items, the U value, the solar heat gain, and the air infiltration. The U value, or U factor, is the measurement of the amount of heat that passes through the glass. The lower the U value the more insulating the windows. The solar heat gain, on the other hand, is the measurement of the solar energy that passes through the glass. In areas that are colder, it is desirable to have a higher solar heat gain.
Air infiltration is the measurement of how much air can get around the perimeter of the windows. This is one reason it is so necessary to get a good fit for the new units, and to also be sure the frames are not damaged or rotted. It will not do you much good to put a new window inside a damaged frame as the air infiltration will not be as good as it will with a solid frame.
A Vermont window replacement is the ideal way to provide you with savings on your heating and air conditioning costs. Whether you choose vinyl, wood, or aluminum replacements, you will undoubtedly realize savings almost immediately following the project's completion. Your Vermont home will be warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer if you replace your old drafty windows with newer energy efficient models.
Energy Star Ratings for Vermont Replacement Windows
|Northern Climate Zone||0.30 or less||0.00 or more|
|0.31||0.35 or more|
|0.32||0.40 or more|
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Vermont county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Find Local Vermont Installers
Vermont Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Jancewicz & Son 6 Morgan St Bellows Falls VT 05101 (802) 463-3585 Edit Listing
- Attention To Details 485 Harwood Hill Rd Bennington VT 05201 (802) 442-7081 Edit Listing
- Phelps Co 60 Elm St Brattleboro VT 05301 (802) 257-4314 Edit Listing
- Green Mountain Basement Sltns 447 Oak Cir Colchester VT 05446 (802) 654-9111 Edit Listing
- Window World 156 Acorn Ln # 107 Colchester VT 05446 (802) 655-1366 Edit Listing
- All Season Windows 6 Railroad St Essex Junction VT 05452 (802) 872-9727 Edit Listing
- Glass Medics 1257 E Main St # 6 Newport VT 05855 (802) 334-1461 Edit Listing
- B & M Glass 574 Route 12 S Northfield VT 05663 (802) 485-7402 Edit Listing
- Magnum Millwork Inc 1385 US Route 7 Pittsford VT 05763 (802) 779-0111 Edit Listing
- Cook's Restoration 4357 Pleasant St Randolph VT 05060 (802) 728-3669 Edit Listing
- Jason White Bldg & Remodeling 17 Central St Randolph VT 05060 (802) 728-3968 Edit Listing
- Legacy Glass 56 Howe St # 4 Rutland VT 05701 (802) 775-1400 Edit Listing
- Royal Glass & Mirror 150 Woodstock Ave Rutland VT 05701 (802) 773-0151 Edit Listing
- Callan Carpentry PO Box 453 Sheldon Springs VT 05485 (802) 933-6221 Edit Listing
- Jeremiah Parker Restoration PO Box 238 Shoreham VT 05770 (802) 897-5555 Edit Listing
- Home Window & Maintenance 32 Forest St South Burlington VT 05403 (802) 860-9561 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 340 Dorset St # 3 South Burlington VT 05403 (802) 864-5435 Edit Listing
- Bonnette Supply Co Inc PO Box 709 St Albans VT 05478 (802) 524-3806 Edit Listing
- Builders Inc PO Box 509 St Albans VT 05478 (802) 524-3983 Edit Listing
- S G Murphy Construction PO Box 181 St Johnsbury VT 05819 (802) 748-6588 Edit Listing
- Timson Building & Siding Inc 1062 Railroad St St Johnsbury VT 05819 (802) 748-3769 Edit Listing
- Sandor Renovations Design Inc 180 Hidden Valley Rd Stowe VT 05672 (802) 272-5151 Edit Listing
- Fourniers Door & Window PO Box 204 Swanton VT 05488 (802) 868-2099 Edit Listing
- Allen Lumber Co PO Box 880 Waitsfield VT 05673 (802) 496-2424 Edit Listing
- Glassworks 2319 US Route 2 Waterbury VT 05676 (802) 244-5449 Edit Listing
- Warm & Maintenance Free PO Box 83 West Danville VT 05873 (802) 684-3980 Edit Listing