Scottsdale Window Replacement
Scottsdale window replacement can bring new life to your home's exterior and make you and your family more comfortable inside your house. In summertime, temperatures in AZ can exceed 100 degrees, and most homeowners turn on the air conditioner full blast. In addition to giving your house a fresh new look, Scottsdale window replacement can reduce the workload on your cooling system and lower your utility bills throughout the year.
If your interior seems dusty, stuffy or noisy, replacing your old windows with new vinyl or wood replacement products can improve your indoor air quality while helping you maintain a moderate temperature. To determine whether you need to replace your old models, consult a Scottsdale window replacement contractor. A licensed Arizona windows expert will evaluate your house inside and out to help you decide whether it's time to schedule Scottsdale window replacement.
Evaluating Windows for Replacement
In the desert city of Scottsdale, which boasts many elegant homes, owners pride themselves on maintaining their property and keeping their window sashes clean, neat and bright. With so many new decorator products on the market, AZ homeowners are exploring a wide range of unique colors and finishes. Although it may be tempting to replace your existing sashes immediately once they start to look a bit worn, a little preventive maintenance could extend the lifespan of your Scottsdale window replacement products and save you money on window replacement costs.
Scottsdale window replacement makes good sense financially when the sashes -- wood, vinyl or aluminum frames that hold the glass in place -- begin to deteriorate. When the window sashes begin to fall apart and the panes start to fall out, it's definitely time to consider Scottsdale window replacement. A licensed Arizona window replacement specialist can tell you whether you need to replace your window sets, or whether a few repairs could take care of the problem.
If your rooms feel drafty, or you're spending a fortune on cooling your Scottsdale home with no apparent relief from the Scottsdale heat, replacing your current products with new Energy Star window sets could cut the cost of air conditioning and make your house feel cooler. These brands have been recognized as highly energy efficient by the Environmental Protection Agency, based on their ability to reduce carbon emissions and save Arizona homeowners money on their utilities. Although these designated brands may cost more up front, you should see a cost savings in the months ahead.
AZ Replacement Window Materials
In the dry desert climate of Scottsdale, wood, vinyl and aluminum replacement products all have their advantages and disadvantages. Many homeowners enjoy the versatility, beauty and exceptional insulating capacity of wood. Although wood is prone to swelling, cracking or rotting in moist climates, these products hold up well in the dry Scottsdale air. Wood lends itself to any residential exterior, from the classic Spanish hacienda style that's popular in the Southwest to the more contemporary, modern ranch homes.
Vinyl is a relatively inexpensive synthetic product with excellent insulating potential. Older versions of vinyl, which contained plasticizers that caused vinyl sashes to expand or crack, gave this material a dubious reputation. The newer product, known as UPVC, lacks these plastic compounds and withstands the effects of time and weather far more efficiently. UPVC Scottsdale replacement models come in a wide range of designer colors to give your house an up-to-date appearance.
Aluminum is a light weight, resilient metal that's been used by Scottsdale window replacement professionals for years. Aluminum resists rust and corrosion, and the strength of this material makes it resistant to the high desert winds. Along with being affordable and durable, aluminum is easy to customize to fit your family's needs. Whether you're looking for a double hung unit or a static picture frame, you can find an aluminum model that will enhance your house's curb appeal.
Fiberglass is one of the most recent materials to come on the market. Many property owners are taking advantage of the benefits of fiberglass, a highly versatile synthetic product with exceptional insulating capacity, to make their residences more functional and beautiful. Fiberglass, like wood, can be painted to match any exterior, and the material is highly energy efficient. The primary drawback of fiberglass is that it is more expensive than wood or aluminum; however, for some homeowners, the features of fiberglass are worth the extra cost.
Choosing the right Scottsdale window replacement brand for your home can be a daunting task. Once you realize how many models, styles and materials you have to choose from, you may find it difficult to identify the product that will bring you the greatest satisfaction and cost savings over the years. A licensed contractor can help you choose a model that will help you save money, regulate the temperature of your rooms and and increase the comfort level of your home.
Scottsdale, Arizona U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Arizona county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Scottsdale Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- ABA Home Remodeling 6944 E Thunderbird Rd Scottsdale AZ 85254 (480) 988-1903 Edit Listing
- Aladdin Scottsdale 15550 N 84th St Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 443-1057 Edit Listing
- Arbor Crest Builders 7527 E 1st St Scottsdale AZ 85251 (480) 626-8698 Edit Listing
- Arcadia Window & Door 6425 E Thomas Rd # B Scottsdale AZ 85251 (480) 656-4600 Edit Listing
- California Window & Door Inc 7755 E Gelding Dr # 104 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 483-0643 Edit Listing
- Craftsman Enterprises 8537 E Indianola Ave Scottsdale AZ 85251 (480) 947-7654 Edit Listing
- Desert Heritage Remodeling 11860 E Red Bird Rd Scottsdale AZ 85262 (480) 502-5864 Edit Listing
- Envirizona Remodeling Svc 22449 N Los Caballos Dr Scottsdale AZ 85255 (602) 502-3341 Edit Listing
- European Window & Doors 14425 N 79th St # C Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 443-0052 Edit Listing
- Good Guys Remodeling LLC 7845 E Gelding Dr # 102 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 696-3524 Edit Listing
- Home & Design Idea Ctr 19120 N Pima Rd # 115 Scottsdale AZ 85255 (480) 941-4663 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 15499 N Hayden Rd Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 991-3738 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 9170 E Indian Bend Rd Scottsdale AZ 85250 (480) 951-8211 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 9890 N 90th St Scottsdale AZ 85258 (480) 767-9294 Edit Listing
- Jason James Development 6934 E 5th Ave Scottsdale AZ 85251 (480) 209-1748 Edit Listing
- Jeld-Wen Windows & Doors 16585 N 92nd St # B101 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 538-2189 Edit Listing
- Kaleb Window Svc 8776 E Shea Blvd # B3a-499 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 951-0580 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 16285 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale AZ 85254 (480) 607-0246 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 7950 E Mcdowell Rd Scottsdale AZ 85257 (480) 874-8120 Edit Listing
- Mikki's Windows West Inc 7710 E Quill Ln Scottsdale AZ 85255 (480) 563-1119 Edit Listing
- Noreaster Development LLC 27227 N Miller Rd Scottsdale AZ 85266 (888) 435-8578 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 15507 N Scottsdale Rd # 120 Scottsdale AZ 85254 (480) 998-8023 Edit Listing
- R S Design & Development 6530 E Pershing Ave Scottsdale AZ 85254 (480) 348-0138 Edit Listing
- Red Door Renovation 4007 N 65th Pl Scottsdale AZ 85251 (480) 363-7868 Edit Listing
- Red Mountain Renewal PO Box 15125 Scottsdale AZ 85267 (480) 276-3447 Edit Listing
- Renewal By Andersen 7550 E Greenway Rd Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 948-1713 Edit Listing
- Renovations Scottsdale Az 7777 E Main St # 117 Scottsdale AZ 85251 (480) 204-2618 Edit Listing
- Republic West 8101 E Mcdowell Rd Scottsdale AZ 85257 (480) 994-3810 Edit Listing
- RFK Architectural Products 9170 E Bahia Dr # 106 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 585-9297 Edit Listing
- Sienna Custom Window & Door 7329 E Greenway Rd # A Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 991-5252 Edit Listing
- Sierra Pacific Windows 15475 N Greenway Hayden # B9 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 367-0555 Edit Listing
- Trades Unlimited 14795 N 78th Way # 200 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 483-1775 Edit Listing
- Weather Shield Windows 8175 E Raintree Dr # 5 Scottsdale AZ 85260 (480) 443-3151 Edit Listing
- Weststar Windows & Doors 13919 E Lupine Ave Scottsdale AZ 85259 (480) 767-1144 Edit Listing