Sacramento Window Replacement
A Sacramento window replacement is one of the best ways to increase the value of your California home while also gaining excellent energy savings in the process. If you have noticed that your air conditioner is working overtime to keep up with your drafty windows, now is a great time to do a Sacramento window replacement. You may be surprised at how affordable it is, especially when you consider how much you will be saving on your CA home's heating and cooling bills. Shop online today to find the best replacement windows at an affordable rate.
There are many benefits to replacing the windows in your Sacramento, CA home. One of the biggest is the tax rebates you may qualify for if you use energy efficient window. When shopping for the replacement, be sure to look for the Energy Star emblem. Windows that have the Energy Star emblem have been rigorously tested for maximum energy efficiency.
The Energy Star program was developed by the government as an incentive to homeowners to use energy efficient material when doing home improvement projects. This program allows a Sacramento homeowner to realize excellent tax savings when they save their receipts and report them at tax time.
In order for a Sacramento window replacement to be considered energy efficient, they must meet three major criterion, low air infiltration, low U value, and the proper solar heat gain for the area in which they are used. The air infiltration is the amount of air that leaks through the frame of the unit. If there is a high air infiltration, the window is not energy efficient.
The U value is the amount of heat that will move through a window. If the U value, or U factor is low, the unit is considered to be well insulated and energy efficient. The solar heat gain is the amount of the solar energy that the windowpane allows into the room. In this case, the proper measurement depends on the climate where you live. In California, it is more desirable to have a lower solar heat gain.
When determining the best window replacements in your California home, you will need to decide on the budget you are willing to spend, and the styles you want to use. A Sacramento window replacement can be purchased in all shapes and styles. You can choose from casements, double hung, awning, gliding, or picture windows, just to name a few. Each style also comes in a variety of materials. California wood window replacement, vinyl, aluminum and composite are the four most popular.
The style of the Sacramento window replacement in your CA home is important. When you change the style of the windows in a residence, the entire home gains a whole new look. It is important that if you are trying to maintain the architectural look of the house, that you use the same style windows that are currently being used.
Another important factor for a Sacramento window replacement is the size you need. Be sure to measure the windows carefully, esepcially with more expensive projects like double paned glass window replacement, in order to purchase the correct replacement for your needs. Measure both the length and the width in three locations and use the smallest measurements you get. This will ensure a tight fit. If the frames are damaged or rotting, you will also want to replace them as well. Installing a new window into a rotting frame will not increase the energy efficiency of your Sacramento home.
Replacement Windows Cost
The cost to do a Sacramento window replacement depends on the material you use and the size of the unit. Of course odd or larger sizes will cost more than smaller, standard sized windows. The material is a huge cost factor for most replacement styles. If cost is a concern, you may want to choose aluminum for the replacements.
Wood is a great choice for a Sacramento window replacement. It is a natural insulator and it will not conduct heat or cold into the home. Wood is a more costly solution, however, and it will require occasional maintenance to keep it looking beautiful. On the other hand, if you want a material that does not require maintenance and will last for years, you may want to consider vinyl. Vinyl will not warp or rot, and comes in many styles and colors.
A Sacramento window replacement is the ideal way to increase the value of your Sacramento home. Replacing windows will also decrease the amount of money you spend on heating and cooling costs. Shop online for the best prices in your Sacramento area. You will find amazing savings on top replacement products in Sacramento. No matter whether you are looking for antique windows, or new styles, you can find what you need when you shop online.
Sacramento, California U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your California county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Sacramento Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- A & J Remodeling 1522 D St Sacramento CA 95814 (916) 662-5264 Edit Listing
- A G Gamino's Windows 545 Carroll Ave Sacramento CA 95838 (916) 817-9116 Edit Listing
- Alston's REMODELERS-Nari 2335 American River Dr Sacramento CA 95825 (916) 446-4646 Edit Listing
- American Window Mfg 8200 Alpine Ave # D Sacramento CA 95826 (916) 454-5277 Edit Listing
- Anderson Windows 1080 LA Fleur Way Sacramento CA 95831 (916) 761-8663 Edit Listing
- Avalon Building 109 Coloma Way Sacramento CA 95819 (916) 546-3779 Edit Listing
- Bilt Rite Construction 4692 Orange Grove Ave Sacramento CA 95841 (916) 923-9721 Edit Listing
- Connell Construction Co Inc 8750 Gerber Rd Sacramento CA 95828 (916) 386-9645 Edit Listing
- Custom Built By Konrath 6307 Brigadoon Way Sacramento CA 95842 (916) 704-9092 Edit Listing
- D & J Kitchens & Baths 1345 Silica Ave # A Sacramento CA 95815 (916) 925-2577 Edit Listing
- Dale Miller Construction 5 Spinner Point Ct Sacramento CA 95831 (916) 424-8345 Edit Listing
- DNA House Remodeling Svc 10152 DE Soto Way Sacramento CA 95827 (916) 638-8335 Edit Listing
- Eberle Remodeling 9245 Beatty Dr Sacramento CA 95826 (916) 369-6518 Edit Listing
- Fantasy Builders 1407 J St Sacramento CA 95814 (916) 451-4145 Edit Listing
- Garry Construction Gen Contr 2610 Carson Way Sacramento CA 95821 (916) 486-1871 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 1461 Meadowview Rd Sacramento CA 95832 (916) 399-9905 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 2000 Howe Ave Sacramento CA 95825 (916) 643-2098 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 3611 Truxel Rd Sacramento CA 95834 (916) 928-0722 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 4641 Florin Rd Sacramento CA 95823 (916) 393-9500 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 5859 Antelope Rd Sacramento CA 95842 (916) 726-0620 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 8000 Folsom Blvd Sacramento CA 95826 (916) 381-3181 Edit Listing
- Oak Crest Co 7324 Folsom Blvd Sacramento CA 95826 (916) 383-2324 Edit Listing
- Paul Williams Construction 4865 Pasadena Ave # 4 Sacramento CA 95841 (916) 978-9111 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 1301 N Market Blvd # 400 Sacramento CA 95834 (916) 625-0978 Edit Listing
- PRS Constr & Restoration 1825 Del Paso Blvd Sacramento CA 95815 (916) 641-0324 Edit Listing
- PRS Construction & Rstrtn 4811 Tunis Rd Sacramento CA 95835 (916) 641-0324 Edit Listing
- Ridgeline 5901 Rosebud Ln # 130 Sacramento CA 95841 (916) 369-0779 Edit Listing
- Robert Varin Construction 4435 Belmont Place Ln Sacramento CA 95841 (916) 487-3638 Edit Listing
- Rowe Brothers Construction Svc 3834 Kroy Way Sacramento CA 95820 (916) 456-7710 Edit Listing
- Salerno Construction Inc 2207 Fernley Ave Sacramento CA 95815 (916) 929-0773 Edit Listing
- Window & Door Shop 1717 Bell St Sacramento CA 95825 (916) 561-0300 Edit Listing
- Window World PO Box 41957 Sacramento CA 95841 (916) 929-3300 Edit Listing