Rochester Window Replacement
There are a lot of things to take into consideration when you choose your Rochester window replacement. How would you like your Minnesota window replacement to open so that you can take full advantages of the fresh breezes of the Rochester summer? Some windows open from the bottom and others from both top and bottom. Some types of windows slide across. You may find that the ability to easily clean your windows because they open by tilting inward the best option for your home. Or, like many people, the view is everything and you may choose a picture window.
Maintenance is another consideration when making your window replacement choice. It may be important to you that you never have to scrape paint off of your window trim to prepare it for repainting again. Other features, like getting interior grids on your replacement, will make your replacement windows look like you spent a lot more that you actually did. If you want to add a touch of elegance to your home, consider a grooved glass pattern. It's a great way to make your windows look special without giving up any of your view.
The amount that you pay for your Rochester window replacement may be a bit more that what you will see reflected in the immediate market value of your home. However, it may be a deciding factor to a buyer who knows what winter brings to the Rochester area or the Minnesota area in general. The temperatures that the MN area faces are low and Rochester winters last a long time. Upgrading your home with energy efficient windows will be a good selling point. The curb appeal of the tidy Rochester window replacement will also help a prospective buyer know that they are viewing a property that has been well taken care of, and that is a selling point that is important when you put your Minnesota home up for sale.
Get Advice from your Installer
If you are going to hire a Rochester window replacement professional to install your Rochester window replacement, use the knowledge that they have acquired on previous projects to help choose the right type of windows for your home. A local Rochester window replacement contractor will be able to tell you which of the many windows available will offer you the biggest savings in your heating bills. You should also ask for a list of Rochester homeowners who can be used as references. If you are able to get the addresses, you can drive by the home to see how well the windows look and maybe get some ideas that you hadn't thought of, like a custom made window that will make your house stand out in your neighborhood.
Details and Considerations
A reputable Rochester window replacement contractor will send a consultant to help you define exactly what you need for your home improvement project. For example, the frame does not always have to be replaced. Retrofit windows can be inserted into an existing frame if the rough opening is in good shape. You'll only be replacing the trim, side jambs and old sash. If you need a full Rochester window replacement, the old frame will be taken out and replaced. In most cases this will make sure of a more efficient fit, and it also allows areas that are prone to air or water leakage around the old frame to be repaired.
In addition to the frame types and the design, you'll also need to choose the type of glazing that you want on your energy efficient windows. You can choose from single, double or triple glaze for clear or tinted glass. Then there is high, low or medium solar gain Low E Glass. It can all get a bit confusing. Reflective films and coatings can reduce glare and the amount of heat that comes into your house during intense sunlight. A low emittance coating can help you with your energy costs during the cold winters and extremely hot summer days. Layers of glazing can be manipulated by the space between the layers of panes or films with gas fills and edge spacers.
A good Rochester window replacement professional will be able to fully explain of the options to you and share the knowledge of what features will be of most benefit to your Rochester home. The installer has been able to get feedback from previous customers as to how well the energy efficient windows performed during the most extreme weather conditions in MN, including Rochester. Before you hire your Minnesota contractor, make sure that you have a written agreement on the cost of the window replacement project as well as the time that the work will be done. Make sure that the installer ha an MN office and will be able to be reached by you throughout the replacement project.
Rochester, Minnesota U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Minnesota county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Rochester Minnesota Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Acg 3121 40th Ave NW Rochester MN 55901 (507) 424-3184 Edit Listing
- Brandon Henderson's Constr Pls 3006 20th Ave SE Rochester MN 55904 (507) 529-9196 Edit Listing
- Bricewood LLC PO Box 6376 Rochester MN 55903 (507) 421-6931 Edit Listing
- Bruce Hanson Construction PO Box 22 Rochester MN 55957 (507) 288-3411 Edit Listing
- C & J Builders Inc 3619 Ranch Ct SE Rochester MN 55904 (507) 282-8988 Edit Listing
- Exceptional Construction 3750 Spring Green Ct NE Rochester MN 55906 (507) 272-5081 Edit Listing
- Gateway Acg 3121 40th Ave NW # 100 Rochester MN 55901 (651) 488-0574 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 3050 41st St NW Rochester MN 55901 (507) 288-6700 Edit Listing
- Kingsley's Remodeling 1206 11th Ave NE Rochester MN 55906 (507) 281-0638 Edit Listing
- Kuntz Electric 1847 3rd Ave SE Rochester MN 55904 (507) 285-9658 Edit Listing
- Lacina Siding & Windows Inc 4104 18th Ave NW Rochester MN 55901 (507) 322-3182 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 4550 Maine Ave SE Rochester MN 55904 (507) 328-8920 Edit Listing
- Markham Builders 1628 2nd Ave SE Rochester MN 55904 (507) 281-8200 Edit Listing
- Menards 3000 S Broadway Rochester MN 55904 (507) 252-8838 Edit Listing
- Menards 5150 Highway 52 N Rochester MN 55901 (507) 281-5150 Edit Listing
- Paul Gjere Construction 5346 Shannon Valley Ln SE Rochester MN 55904 (507) 281-3595 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 2014 2nd St SW # A Rochester MN 55902 (507) 285-1200 Edit Listing
- Pike Design & Construction 2023 Baihly Summit Dr SW Rochester MN 55902 (507) 271-0350 Edit Listing
- Synergy Window & Door 1115 7th St NW Rochester MN 55901 (507) 288-0712 Edit Listing
- Thimijan Custom Homes LLC 2852 59th St NW # 216 Rochester MN 55901 (507) 288-0838 Edit Listing
- Virgil's Siding & Window Co 1812 35th Ave SE Rochester MN 55904 (507) 289-2650 Edit Listing