Phoenix Window Replacement
A Phoenix window replacement is easy to do, cost effective, and can provide you with excellent cost savings on the heating and cooling costs in your Arizona home. If you have noticed the heat is coming through the windows in your Phoenix, Arizona home, it is definitely time for a Phoenix window replacement project. Compare quotes online from the top providers of replacements in your area today.
Home Replacement Windows
A Phoenix window replacement is the best way to spruce up the look of a Phoenix, AZ home. If the home is older and needs to have an updated look, this is the ideal way to do it. Replacing the older windows in a home with new styles can completely transform the look of the home. Best of all, it will also increase the energy efficiency and allow you to save money on heating and air conditioning bills.
The first step to choosing a Phoenix replacement is to determine what designs you would like to have. If you plan to change the style, be sure to keep the same size or smaller unless you are having a contractor do the work. Anytime you increase the size of an opening on an exterior wall, the proper permits must be pulled to ensure the structural integrity of the home will not suffer.
If the frames of the existing windows in your Phoenix, AZ home are rotten or damaged, you may want to consider using an Arizona window replacement contractor or purchasing a kit to do the replacement. You never want to put a new energy efficient model in an old rotted frame. This would defeat the purpose of the newer model. It is better to strip the old unit out to the rough opening and then add a new frame.
Cost of Window Replacing
The cost of a Phoenix window replacement is not as expensive as you might think, especially when compared to the savings you will begin seeing almost immediately. If cost is a concern, you may want to consider doing the work in stages allowing you to purchase the windows you want without the cost hitting your budget all at one time, especially for more complex projects like horizontal slider window replacement.
Another great cost saving idea is to do all or part of the work yourself. A Phoenix window replacement is easy to do if you are just replacing one with another. You can even purchase kits that make it very easy to do. Kits come in three basic options, sash, insert, and full frame. If the unit just needs a facelift, the sash kit is the best choice. It will replace the windows moving parts with hardly any fuss.
If the unit is past its prime but the frame is in good shape, you might want to choose an insert Phoenix window replacement. This kit is made to fit inside the existing frame. The insert is a fully framed model and because you are attaching it to the existing frame, you will have slightly less glass area than you had before.
For windows whose frames are rotted or damaged, the full frame Phoenix window replacement is the best solution. This replacement is made to fit into the rough opening of the old window's location. The old unit and its frame must be removed completely for this kit to be installed. Again, this is an easy replacement to do yourself if you are handy with tools.
Replacing Windows Yourself
If you would like to save money on the contractor costs, you can easily do a Phoenix window replacement yourself. All you need is a few tools, calk, and expanding insulating foam. If you are uncomfortable doing the replacement yourself for the first time, you may want to hire a Phoenix, Arizona contractor to show you how to do it. Then you can do the rest yourself and save hundreds on construction costs.
First, remove the old stops and set aside for later. Then remove the sashes and cut through the nails that hold the existing unit in place. Remove the old window and clean any debris and paint from the rough opening. Use expanding foam to fill any holes and then cut away the excess once it dries. Calk the inside edge and the outside window stops and place the new unit into the opening.
Check the new Phoenix window replacement for level and square and use shims where required to square up the unit. Cut the shims flush with the frame and add the inside stops back in place. Calk the new unit along the frame and you have a new window in your Phoenix home. If the outside of the window has a gap, you can easily fill it with a small piece of wood. Be sure to calk any seams along the exterior of the window.
Phoenix, Arizona U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Arizona county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Phoenix Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- A & L Construction LLC 1628 N 26th Pl Phoenix AZ 85008 (602) 368-3435 Edit Listing
- Aboval Wood Concepts 2346 E Monterosa St Phoenix AZ 85016 (602) 299-7729 Edit Listing
- Adames Carpentry 2926 E Cheery Lynn Rd Phoenix AZ 85016 (602) 796-1901 Edit Listing
- AFS Building Group 8550 N 31st Ave Phoenix AZ 85051 (602) 841-2613 Edit Listing
- Air Tite Windows 3120 W Carefree Hwy # 1-604 Phoenix AZ 85086 (623) 433-8232 Edit Listing
- American Soda Blasters PO Box 72334 Phoenix AZ 85050 (623) 434-9135 Edit Listing
- Arcadia All In One Remodel LLC 4341 E Lewis Ave Phoenix AZ 85008 (602) 358-7026 Edit Listing
- Ardan 1651 W Thunderbird Rd Phoenix AZ 85023 (602) 614-0771 Edit Listing
- Arizona Remodeling Specialists 4034 N 17th St Phoenix AZ 85016 (602) 843-6274 Edit Listing
- Arizona Remodeling-Inspection 5501 N 7th Ave Phoenix AZ 85013 (602) 791-9431 Edit Listing
- Arrowhead Drywall Repair 1013 W Rosemonte Dr Phoenix AZ 85027 (623) 869-0057 Edit Listing
- Artisan Renovations Lic 514 W Willetta St Phoenix AZ 85003 (602) 538-6990 Edit Listing
- Associated Group-Remodeling 4015 E Gelding Dr Phoenix AZ 85032 (480) 951-9404 Edit Listing
- Atrium Companys 5656 W Roosevelt St Phoenix AZ 85043 (602) 272-2699 Edit Listing
- Auryn Builders & Remodelers 19014 N 17th Ave Phoenix AZ 85027 (623) 582-2500 Edit Listing
- Bath & Kitchen Remodeling 10841 N 29th Dr Phoenix AZ 85029 (602) 332-9564 Edit Listing
- C M K Pools & Remodeling LLC 15681 N Cave Creek Rd Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 730-8280 Edit Listing
- Casa Blanca Remodeling Inc 610 E Bell Rd # 2 Phoenix AZ 85022 (602) 788-7254 Edit Listing
- Christian Handyman LLC 7841 S 13th Pl Phoenix AZ 85042 (602) 276-2206 Edit Listing
- Circle 6 Studios Inc 501 E Roosevelt St Phoenix AZ 85004 (602) 454-9342 Edit Listing
- Coliman Home Remodeling 908 S 32nd Ave Phoenix AZ 85009 (602) 516-3166 Edit Listing
- CTB Windows 202 E Ruth Ave Phoenix AZ 85020 (602) 234-2829 Edit Listing
- Custom Elagance 2810 S 24th St Phoenix AZ 85034 (602) 275-1033 Edit Listing
- Custom Home Svc 6220 N 16th Ave Phoenix AZ 85015 (602) 433-7406 Edit Listing
- Desert View Window & Door PO Box 10687 Phoenix AZ 85064 (623) 847-6636 Edit Listing
- Details Remodeling 4831 N 34th Pl Phoenix AZ 85018 (480) 628-7282 Edit Listing
- Dun Rite Windows & Doors 17801 N 43rd Way Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 456-2227 Edit Listing
- Elements Of Design & Details 9810 N Cave Creek Rd Phoenix AZ 85020 (602) 674-5554 Edit Listing
- Exterior Remodelers Of America 2432 W Peoria Ave # 1186 Phoenix AZ 85029 (602) 678-3737 Edit Listing
- Fabrique Window Coverings LLC 1426 W Port Au Prince Ln Phoenix AZ 85023 (602) 795-9843 Edit Listing
- Freelite Inc 331 W Mcdowell Rd Phoenix AZ 85003 (602) 233-1981 Edit Listing
- Freeman Built 2202 W Lone Cactus Dr # 15 Phoenix AZ 85027 (480) 559-8056 Edit Listing
- Glaz-Tech Industries 3702 W Buckeye Rd # 1 Phoenix AZ 85009 (602) 272-1544 Edit Listing
- Gonzalez Remodeling 6319 W Roosevelt St Phoenix AZ 85043 (623) 330-3168 Edit Listing
- Handyman Service 17621 N 19th Dr Phoenix AZ 85023 (602) 909-5799 Edit Listing
- Harlan & Sons Constr 17034 N 37th St Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 485-0576 Edit Listing
- Hf Custom Flooring & Remodel PO Box 7503 Phoenix AZ 85338 (623) 810-1008 Edit Listing
- Historic Builders Inc 1232 W Palo Verde Dr Phoenix AZ 85013 (602) 340-1040 Edit Listing
- Historic Home Renovators 201 W Echo Ln Phoenix AZ 85021 (602) 820-3533 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 12434 N Cave Creek Rd Phoenix AZ 85022 (602) 404-0574 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 16803 N Tatum Blvd Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 493-9600 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 2217 E Bell Rd Phoenix AZ 85022 (602) 482-2430 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 2650 W Thunderbird Rd Phoenix AZ 85023 (602) 548-9600 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 35050 N North Valley Pkwy Phoenix AZ 85086 (623) 587-9222 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 3609 E Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85018 (602) 225-0980 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 4848 N 43rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85031 (623) 849-0125 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 7333 W Mcdowell Rd Phoenix AZ 85035 (623) 849-1200 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 9969 W Camelback Rd Phoenix AZ 85037 (623) 772-1034 Edit Listing
- Image Construction 4204 N 18th Ave Phoenix AZ 85015 (602) 234-1616 Edit Listing
- Ingenious Remodeling PO Box 59023 Phoenix AZ 85076 (480) 621-8944 Edit Listing
- Inside Out Remodeling 3507 W Bethany Home Rd Phoenix AZ 85019 (602) 347-6232 Edit Listing
- Ironwood Furniture 938 W Turney Ave Phoenix AZ 85013 (602) 339-8623 Edit Listing
- J & R Design Build Remodel LLC 3051 E Corrine Dr Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 540-0141 Edit Listing
- Janken Windows LLC 3120 W Carefree Hwy # 1-654 Phoenix AZ 85086 (602) 882-8299 Edit Listing
- Johnson Windows & Doors 23910 N 19th Ave # 12 Phoenix AZ 85085 (623) 434-1400 Edit Listing
- K & J Windows LLC 2031 W Glendale Ave Phoenix AZ 85021 (602) 942-0954 Edit Listing
- Key Remodeling 6325 W Mckinley St Phoenix AZ 85043 (602) 291-0965 Edit Listing
- Kokopelli Building Solutions 4317 E Frye Rd Phoenix AZ 85048 (480) 215-7875 Edit Listing
- KRYS Pillows & More Pillows 802 E Amberwood Dr Phoenix AZ 85048 (480) 710-8561 Edit Listing
- Lasting Impressions Of Az 3545 E Indian School Rd Phoenix AZ 85018 (602) 508-0800 Edit Listing
- Lasting Impressions Windows 3545 E Indian School Rd Phoenix AZ 85018 (602) 264-3667 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 1620 N 75th Ave Phoenix AZ 85035 (623) 845-6292 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 1950 W Baseline Rd Phoenix AZ 85041 (602) 323-8550 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 2501 W Happy Valley Rd # 4 Phoenix AZ 85085 (623) 445-9840 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 2929 W Thunderbird Rd Phoenix AZ 85053 (602) 564-7811 Edit Listing
- Master Touch Home Repair Inc 15038 N 24th Pl Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 992-9477 Edit Listing
- N C Glass & Mirror Inc 4401 S 38th Ave Phoenix AZ 85041 (602) 243-6215 Edit Listing
- Nova Wesrt Land & Devmnt Inc 14820 N Hana Maui Dr Phoenix AZ 85022 (602) 548-1363 Edit Listing
- Olson Bros 8211 N 3rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85021 (602) 625-8868 Edit Listing
- Payless Thermo Windows & Doors 2422 W Corral Rd Phoenix AZ 85041 (602) 374-2093 Edit Listing
- Peachtree Door & Windows 23910 N 19th Ave # 24 Phoenix AZ 85085 (623) 516-4994 Edit Listing
- Philip J Melrose Remodeling 4115 E Waltann Ln Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 996-7989 Edit Listing
- Plum Windows & Doors 4630 E Elwood St Phoenix AZ 85040 (602) 385-0216 Edit Listing
- Preferred Home Repair-Rmdlng 21424 N 7th Ave # 13 Phoenix AZ 85027 (623) 434-7030 Edit Listing
- Premier Industrial Supply 23040 N 11th Ave # 112 Phoenix AZ 85027 (623) 780-3160 Edit Listing
- Providence Renovation 1411 W Orchid Ln Phoenix AZ 85021 (602) 326-1994 Edit Listing
- R-Tek SERVICE LLC 2627 E Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85016 (602) 956-9241 Edit Listing
- Raymac Construction Inc 38642 N 12th St Phoenix AZ 85086 (623) 707-6401 Edit Listing
- Roadrunner Glass Co 3033 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85017 (602) 269-2543 Edit Listing
- Robco 14832 N 36th Pl Phoenix AZ 85032 (602) 809-9277 Edit Listing
- Rock Star Homes LLC 17429 N 29th Ave Phoenix AZ 85053 (602) 518-2661 Edit Listing
- Rollease Inc 1810 E South Fork Dr Phoenix AZ 85048 (480) 840-1824 Edit Listing
- Screen Machine 720 E Dunlap Ave Phoenix AZ 85020 (602) 944-9516 Edit Listing
- Sierra Pacific Windows 1650 E Riverview Dr # 101 Phoenix AZ 85034 (602) 233-1227 Edit Listing
- Skeens Contracting 1514 E San Miguel Ave Phoenix AZ 85014 (602) 388-3838 Edit Listing
- Speer Remodeling 4333 E Devonshire Ave Phoenix AZ 85018 (602) 954-8067 Edit Listing
- Steve's Remodeling 2211 W Berridge Ln Phoenix AZ 85015 (602) 435-0542 Edit Listing
- Teq Remodeling Inc 20615 N 33rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85027 (623) 388-4800 Edit Listing
- Troyer Kitchen & Bath 4206 E Chandler Blvd # 36 Phoenix AZ 85048 (480) 695-0983 Edit Listing
- True View Windows & Glass 11460 N Cave Creek Rd # 8 Phoenix AZ 85020 (602) 906-3000 Edit Listing
- True View Windows & Glass 3002 E Elwood St Phoenix AZ 85040 (480) 443-0052 Edit Listing
- Two M's & K's 1929 E Marshall Ave Phoenix AZ 85016 (602) 882-5100 Edit Listing
- Western Valley Construction 1030 E Rockwood Dr Phoenix AZ 85024 (602) 722-5528 Edit Listing
- Window Concepts 1606 E University Dr Phoenix AZ 85034 (602) 252-0650 Edit Listing
- Window Depot 4862 N 45th Ave Phoenix AZ 85031 (623) 873-4443 Edit Listing
- Window Master 1120 N 47th Ave # 200 Phoenix AZ 85043 (602) 442-8300 Edit Listing
- Window World 4844 S 40th St Phoenix AZ 85040 (602) 454-0883 Edit Listing
- World Wide Window & Door 2504 E Indianola Ave Phoenix AZ 85016 (602) 954-0773 Edit Listing
- Xo Windows LLC 601 N 44th Ave # 102 Phoenix AZ 85043 (602) 304-1000 Edit Listing