New Orleans Window Replacement
New Orleans window replacement will not only provide your home with the added protection from storm damage and intruders, but it can also serve an aesthetic function as well. When looking into replacing your windows in New Orleans, LA, it is important to shop around and compare prices and well as Louisiana contractors. Regardless of whether you are looking to renovate the whole house or are just looking to replace one broken living room window, you want to be sure that you are choosing the right window to complement your home and the right contractor to get the job done right.
Window Replacement Protection
One of the biggest benefits to replacing Louisiana windows is the added level of protection and security a New Orleans window replacement can provide. New Orleans is no stranger to hurricanes and other natural disasters. With the devastation of Hurricane Katrina still imbedded in your memories, homeowners in New Orleans, LA know all too well how important it is to protect their homes from Mother Nature. A New Orleans window replacement can provide high grade windows to any home that can withstand the harsh weather conditions and pressure from wind, hail or heavy rain.
In addition to the protection from heavy storm, a New Orleans window replacement can also protect your home from harmful UV rays and hot weather conditions. Louisiana is known for its hot weather which can be a huge bonus but can also be a huge pain. One of the negatives to having hot weather is the impact it has on your home as well as your electricity bill. You may find that your air conditioner is constantly cranked which means your electricity bills are through the roof. When you replace your windows, you are able to stop the warm air from getting inside your home, thus reducing your reliance on the air conditioner. The cool air will circulate more freely and the warm air will be blocked out. With a New Orleans window replacement, you get the light from the sun to brighten up any room without the harmful UV rays and heat to go with it.
Not only will a window replacement allow you to cut back on your cooling costs, but it is also affordable to install. Under the Energy Star plan, sponsored by the government, any resident that replaces their windows is eligible for energy savings during tax time. With the savings on your annual electricity bill as well as the cash back on your tax receipt, a New Orleans window replacement will pay for itself within a couple of years.
Another thing that a New Orleans window replacement can protect against is any intruders. Although New Orleans is considered relatively safe, you can never too be careful. You cannot stay home all day guarding your house or stay up all night on the watch for intruders. With a New Orleans window replacement, however, you can rest easy knowing that, even if someone attempts to break in, your have the strongest windows on the block.
Window Replacement Considerations, New Orleans
When looking into any windows replacement such as horizontal slider window replacement, it is important to consider the different materials, designs and styles for your budget. Windows come in all different shapes and sizes. Vinyl replacement windows offer a durable as well as affordable option but you may also want to consider wood or metal, two other popular materials. The style you choose will depend on the look that you are going for - garden and picture windows are great for larger homes, such as your living room, kitchen or bedroom while sliders are perfect for tight spaces, such as your bathroom and laundry room. You might want to consider casements, awnings, double hung or single hung windows, all of which will let the warm Louisiana breezes into your home. Be sure to also consider how each style will complement both the interior and exterior of your home.
Louisiana Window Replacement Cost
Be sure to also compare the different New Orleans window replacement contractors to determine the right company for the job. Although finding the cheapest price quote is important, be sure to do your research to see what goes into the various costs. How much are the materials? How much is the company charges for labor? What are the other hidden fees and expenses? How long will the project take? If a contractor is offering an extremely low price offer, then it could be a reflection of his work. Be sure to compare the different reviews, credentials and testimonials as well as the various licensing and experience that each New Orleans company has. After all, this is your home we re talking about - you want to be sure you go with the best.
New Orleans, Louisiana U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Louisiana parish's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
New Orleans Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Atlas Builders LLC 6 Swan St New Orleans LA 70124 (504) 201-8281 Edit Listing
- Brian Winters Renovations 605 N Alexander St New Orleans LA 70119 (504) 482-4315 Edit Listing
- Bro's Addition Remodeling 1723 Saux Ln New Orleans LA 70114 (504) 362-4159 Edit Listing
- C R Brandon Co Inc 421 S Salcedo St New Orleans LA 70119 (504) 827-1466 Edit Listing
- Carter's Renovation 2239 Brainard St New Orleans LA 70113 (504) 522-4403 Edit Listing
- Champion Home Improvement LLC 1113 N AL Davis Rd New Orleans LA 70123 (504) 733-1923 Edit Listing
- Crescent City Windows & Doors 355 Iris Ave New Orleans LA 70121 (504) 561-1041 Edit Listing
- Dupuy's Renovation 2 Garden Pl New Orleans LA 70123 (504) 738-5191 Edit Listing
- Earthslinger LLC 1304 Felicity St # D New Orleans LA 70130 (504) 259-4410 Edit Listing
- Grand Openings 5600 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70123 (504) 598-5741 Edit Listing
- Gulf Coast Window 912 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121 (504) 832-2230 Edit Listing
- Gulf Enterprises Inc PO Box 231402 New Orleans LA 70183 (504) 822-0785 Edit Listing
- Gulf Enterprises Inc 901 Edwards Ave # 100 New Orleans LA 70123 (504) 734-3254 Edit Listing
- Historial Windows-New Orleans 3400 Monticello Ave New Orleans LA 70118 (504) 309-8894 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 1100 S Claiborne Ave New Orleans LA 70125 (504) 592-1251 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 12300 I 10 Service Rd New Orleans LA 70128 (504) 246-4572 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 500 N Carrollton Ave New Orleans LA 70119 (504) 482-1985 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 5151 Citrus Blvd # A New Orleans LA 70123 (504) 729-4400 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 121 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121 (504) 832-7100 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 2501 Elysian Fields Ave New Orleans LA 70117 (504) 948-8568 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 5770 Read Blvd New Orleans LA 70127 (504) 613-1800 Edit Listing
- M & M Residential Restoration 6284 Providence Pl New Orleans LA 70126 (504) 251-4294 Edit Listing
- New Orleans Hurricane 643 Magazine St # 300 New Orleans LA 70130 (504) 648-8195 Edit Listing
- Oakwood Properties 543 Olivier St New Orleans LA 70114 (504) 858-4973 Edit Listing
- Petrie Renovations 6365 Marshall Foch St New Orleans LA 70124 (504) 484-6222 Edit Listing
- Renovations By Impastato 301 Tudor Ave New Orleans LA 70123 (504) 739-9825 Edit Listing
- Urway Home Renovations 10001 Lake Forest Blvd New Orleans LA 70127 (504) 241-2200 Edit Listing