Memphis Window Replacement
A Memphis window replacement is affordable, easy to do, and can provide you with excellent savings on the heating and cooling bills in your Tennessee home. No matter whether you need to replace one unit, or ten, you can find excellent values when you shop online and compare quotes from a variety of providers in your TN area. You will find the styles you need for your Memphis window replacement no matter whether you are trying to replace old antique windows or want something that is a little more modern.
Replacing windows in your Memphis, TN home will not only give you excellent savings on the heating and cooling bills, but may also give you a way to see a tax rebate when you do your taxes for the year. Thanks to Energy Star program, homeowners are now getting an incentive for using energy efficient products for their Memphis window replacement projects.
One of the easiest ways to tell if you are purchasing an energy efficient Memphis window replacement is to look for the Energy Star emblem. This emblem tells you that the Tennessee window replacement has passed extensive testing for energy efficiency. Although products with this emblem may be slightly higher in cost, you will see a definite improvement on your Tennessee home's heating and cooling costs.
If you are not planning to use an Energy Star approved product for your Memphis window replacement, look for windows that have a low U value and air infiltration as well as a low solar heat gain. The U value tells you how much heat will escape through the unit while the air infiltration is the amount of air that leaks through the frame. The solar heat gain is how much of the suns energy will come through the glass. In an area like Memphis, Tennessee, a lower solar heat gain is more desirable.
Window Glass Replacement
If you have a unit that has a broken glass, but is otherwise in good shape, consider replacing just the pane rather than purchasing an entire Memphis window replacement. Replacing glass is easy to do in jobs such as single paned glass window replacement and is very cost effective for energy efficiency. You will be able to choose from a variety of glass styles to match your current windows.
When choosing a new windowpane, look for low E glass, which is a low emission product that traps in the heat and keeps it inside. This will reduce the heating and air conditioning bills in your Memphis home. Although this type of window is slightly higher than the other types, you will likely see a dramatic improvement in your energy bills.
To replace the windowpane in your Memphis home, first tape the old broken one to prevent it from shattering. Next, gently tap it with a small tool to break it out of the frame. Depending on the style of window you have, you may have a rope of putty that holds the pane in place. Scrape off the old putty and apply new to the edge of the new replacement pane. Push the new pane into place against the putty ensuring a tight seal.
There are a variety of Memphis window replacement products available today. If you are a do it yourselfer, you may want to use a replacement kit that is very easy to install. Kits for a Memphis window replacement come in three basic varieties of replacement kits, sash, full frame, and an insert. Which one you choose depends on the unit you are replacing.
A sash kit replaces the moving parts of a window. This kit is an excellent choice when the unit is not in bad shape, but needs a face lift. A full frame unit, on the other hand, is a complete unit that includes the side jambs, head jamb, and the sill. This replacement is the ideal choice if the old frames are rotted and can no longer be used.
The insert is a full window including the frame that is made to fit inside the existing frame. The old frame must be square in order to use this kit. You will notice that the actual viewing area will be slightly diminished when you use this kit because you are putting one frame inside another. Still, this kit is very easy to install and will last for many years.
A Memphis window replacement can be purchased in a variety of styles and colors to fit the needs of your Memphis home. Be sure to ask the providers you are using for available Energy Star approved products and save the receipts for the tax professional you use. From casements to picture windows, you will find the replacements you need at a price you can afford when you shop online. Compare quotes from a variety of providers in the Memphis area and across the country.
Memphis, Tennessee U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Tennessee county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Memphis Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- All Star Products 3651 Cherry Rd Memphis TN 38118 (901) 366-6400 Edit Listing
- Baileys Windows & Doors 5832 Macleod Dr Memphis TN 38119 (901) 210-7143 Edit Listing
- Beehive Painting & Remodeling 1047 Thomas St Memphis TN 38107 (901) 578-9993 Edit Listing
- Boaz Home Imprvmt & Constr Co 6529 Imperial Oak Cv Memphis TN 38115 (901) 502-7211 Edit Listing
- Briley Painting & Home Imprvmt 3895 Vantech Dr Memphis TN 38115 (901) 338-8798 Edit Listing
- Champion Window Siding & Patio 6936 Appling Farms Pkwy Memphis TN 38133 (901) 565-7800 Edit Listing
- Christenson Sash & Door LLC 46 Flicker St Memphis TN 38104 (901) 452-1748 Edit Listing
- Clear Choice USA Replacement 108 Cumberland St Memphis TN 38112 (901) 572-7300 Edit Listing
- Clear Choise USA Replacement 3704 Walnut Grove Rd Memphis TN 38111 (901) 572-7300 Edit Listing
- David Howe Renovations 141 N Evergreen St Memphis TN 38104 (901) 274-3565 Edit Listing
- Energy Medic 3160 Directors Row Memphis TN 38131 (901) 634-5231 Edit Listing
- Everything But Shingles 1762 Eastmoreland Ave Memphis TN 38104 (901) 725-1762 Edit Listing
- Forever Green Windows 5690 Summer Ave Memphis TN 38134 (901) 387-4564 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 1627 Poplar Ave Memphis TN 38104 (901) 722-3535 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 3469 Riverdale Rd Memphis TN 38115 (901) 546-0226 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 4950 Stage Rd Memphis TN 38128 (901) 379-1535 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 800 Truse Pkwy Memphis TN 38117 (901) 818-0266 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 8010 Giacosa Pl Memphis TN 38133 (901) 385-9111 Edit Listing
- Home Improvement 5694 Shelby Oaks Dr Memphis TN 38134 (901) 373-6023 Edit Listing
- Imperial Windows Mfg LLC 2819 Farrisview Blvd Memphis TN 38118 (901) 363-4858 Edit Listing
- Johnson & Johnson Home 7400 Annandale Cv Memphis TN 38125 (901) 757-0266 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 585 N Perkins Rd Memphis TN 38122 (901) 684-2750 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 7895 Winchester Rd Memphis TN 38125 (901) 755-9557 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 8300 US Highway 64 Memphis TN 38133 (901) 386-0719 Edit Listing
- Luellen Remodeling & Repair 3270 Standard Dr Memphis TN 38111 (901) 744-6117 Edit Listing
- Mason & Wilkes Remodeling 4601 Blue Willow Rd Memphis TN 38141 (901) 365-4599 Edit Listing
- Moore's Home Repair Svc 4450 Sunnyslope Dr Memphis TN 38141 (901) 691-1006 Edit Listing
- Mr T Home Improvement 1274 Singing Trees Dr Memphis TN 38116 (901) 346-2124 Edit Listing
- NBJ Builders 4269 Pidgeon Roost Rd Memphis TN 38118 (901) 794-4134 Edit Listing
- New Beginnings Contracting 1620 S Wellington St Memphis TN 38106 (901) 946-5001 Edit Listing
- Orgill Brothers & Co PO Box 140 Memphis TN 38101 (901) 774-0337 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 6972 Appling Farms Pkwy # 106 Memphis TN 38133 (901) 316-0166 Edit Listing
- Ramco Ramco 3013 Kate Bond Rd Memphis TN 38133 (901) 388-8611 Edit Listing
- Silver Line Building Products 7997 Cinders Rd Memphis TN 38133 (901) 380-3819 Edit Listing
- Southport Construction Svc 7021 Gleneagles Dr Memphis TN 38141 (901) 753-2680 Edit Listing
- Stokes Construction & Home PO Box 27124 Memphis TN 38167 (901) 210-3481 Edit Listing
- Timothy Hamer Home Remodeling 5042 Grand Pines Dr Memphis TN 38125 (901) 859-2070 Edit Listing
- Wilkerson Home Improvement 4372 Winding Hill Dr Memphis TN 38128 (901) 691-2326 Edit Listing
- Window Medic LLC 3160 Directors Row Memphis TN 38131 (901) 857-2553 Edit Listing
- Window Source 3865 Viscount Ave Memphis TN 38118 (901) 565-8500 Edit Listing
- Window World 4899 Summer Ave # 104 Memphis TN 38122 (901) 684-6670 Edit Listing