Maine Window Replacement
Maine window replacement projects in Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, South Portland, and Auburn ME help to increase home value while also improving the style of houses owned by Maine residents. Energy Star certified windows promote great energy savings over the life of the home and help consumers feel more comfortable in every area of the house. With quality windows temperatures are more uniform and HVAC systems do not have to run as long or as often to keep your home at temperature. Many consumers actually find that the house in the winter feels warmer even when the thermostat is set to a slightly lower temperature after they get Maine window replacement, because with efficient windows that do not have drafts and leaks there are no longer cold spots and strange air currents through the home.
Homeowners in Maine in all parts of the state can get online and find out everything they need to know to make intelligent choices on window glass replacement. From the process of price shopping to the best ways to narrow down your product choices, you can get everything you need to become better informed and make wise choices as a smart consumer. Maine window replacement is a good investment with both immediate and long term benefits for homeowners in the state. Find out what you need to know and get quotes on Maine window replacement.
Maine Window Replacing Basics
Homeowners in ME should do a little bit of research into the process of replacing windows so that they have a sense of what to expect and the things they should be looking for as the project rolls forward. Obviously the first step in the process once you're ready to jump in is to get quotes. Once you've selected a contractor, you make final choices on the products to have installed in your Maine home. The contractor orders materials and does any preparatory work that might be necessary to get the home ready for install (i.e. building out framing for new bay windows or repairing rough openings that have been rotted due to water damage).
Once the materials arrive on site the installation begins. This part of Maine window replacement goes faster than many people realize going in to the job. Sometimes it only takes a day or two with larger companies that can bring large crew of installation technicians to the job. The Maine window replacement units are finished on the inside and out and the exterior is completely weather proofed to prevent water or outside air from getting in. Site cleanup and disposal close out the project.
How to Choose Window Replacements
The best replacement windows for any home are the ones that feature the most benefits for the lowest possible cost. As homeowners most of us do not have an unlimited budget set aside for window replacement; otherwise cost wouldn't even be a factor or enter into the picture. But the cost of the project is a factor for just about all of us in Maine.
Window replacement can get expensive. It is important to plan Maine window replacement projects in such a way that we receive as many financial benefits and get as good of a deal as possible. For example, certain energy efficient window products cost more to purchase, but come with excellent tax credit opportunities as part of government incentive programs. Maine homeowners that take advantage of these programs can get high end windows installed in their homes oftentimes for less than the cost of economy or mid range models. It is important to know all of the facts and to keep the entire cost picture in consideration. Make good choices by having a broad perspective on things.
Replacement Windows Cost and Benefits
Window replacement projects benefit state residents in many ways. The initial cost of the job is obviously important to consider and is something we need to find out about right from the outset. Get quotes by using our free online form located at the top of this page. When homeowners have quotes in hand they can compare prices and choose a contractor accordingly.
Local companies installing replacement windows on your home help enhance home value and promote energy savings while also updating the house's style. Maine residents can greatly benefit in numerous ways from making the choice to renovate and updating their homes for style and for function. Get all the information you need on replacement windows and come to a fuller understanding of all the different factors involved in the planning process and the installation itself. Read up on products and research installation companies and make choices based on sound data. Invest some of your time and money in Maine window replacement and protect your home's value while also updating its exterior architectural style.
Energy Star Ratings for Maine Replacement Windows
Replacement windows are well-worth the investment IF you take the time to learn about new windows and select the correct features for your new windows. Where you live will determine which features are best suited for the new windows in your home. Take the time to learn about window replacement products and which windows are best suited for homes in Maine.
Energy Star determines climate zones, u-factor, and shgc recommendations by county in ME and in most other states.
Below are Maine's climate zones with the corresponding u-factor and solar heat gain coefficients for each Maine climate zone as determined by Energy Star.
The efficiency ratings below will assist you in making a well-thought-out purchase when looking for energy efficient window replacements that will give you the best return on your money in Maine.
In order to find the best u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient for your county in Maine, simply follow these steps:
- Find your county in the left most column.
- Find your climate zone in the orange box to the right of the column with your county's name.
- Under the orange box with your climate zone, find the dark grey box with the product you are looking for - window replacements, new doors, or skylights.
- Under the product type, you will find the best u-factor and shgc as determined by Energy Star.
- When getting quotes from contractors, be sure that your window replacements, new skylights, and/or replacement doors have one of the Energy Star ratings in the table below in order to maximize energy efficiency in your home.
|Androscoggin County ME
Aroostook County ME
Cumberland County ME
Franklin County ME
Hancock County ME
Kennebec County ME
Knox County ME
Lincoln County ME
Oxford County ME
Penobscot County ME
Piscataquis County ME
Sagadahoc County ME
Somerset County ME
Waldo County ME
Washington County ME
York County ME
|Northern Climate Zone|
|0.30 or less||0.00 or more|
|0.31||0.35 or more|
|0.32||0.40 or more|
|0.50 or less||Any|
|Solid Doors (No Glass)|
|0.17 or less||No Rating|
|Doors with Less than Half Glass|
|0.25 or less||0.25 or less|
|Doors with More than Half Glass|
|0.30 or less||0.40 or less|
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Maine county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows.
Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, skylights, and doors regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
To read more about u-factor and why it is so important when trying to improve energy efficiency with replacement windows in your Maine home, please review our detailed u-factor guide..
To educate yourself about solar heat gain coefficients as they relate to your Maine window replacement project, please read our guide to understanding shgc.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination for your window replacement project. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Maine Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
Find Local Installers
- AMC Window Systems 1856 Hotel Rd Auburn ME 04210 (207) 783-3303 Edit Listing
- Noyes Home Improvement 59 Sunbury Ave Bangor ME 04401 (207) 262-1565 Edit Listing
- Smith Builders 819 Essex St Bangor ME 04401 (207) 945-9892 Edit Listing
- Jung Restoration 3 Breezy Ln Bath ME 04530 (207) 442-0584 Edit Listing
- Viking Lumber Inc PO Box B Belfast ME 04915 (207) 338-3480 Edit Listing
- Norm Boislard Carpentry 9 Raymond St Biddeford ME 04005 (207) 282-5623 Edit Listing
- Ed Bodeau & Son 1297 Pequawket Trl Brownfield ME 04010 (207) 935-2334 Edit Listing
- Glen E Hosmer Painting 9 Cedar St Brunswick ME 04011 (207) 725-5951 Edit Listing
- Ram Renovations & Property PO Box 2296 Cape Elizabeth ME 04116 (207) 939-2262 Edit Listing
- Consumer Discount & Best Buy 74 York St Caribou ME 04736 (207) 498-2081 Edit Listing
- Paul Lessard Renovations 434 Canaan Rd Clinton ME 04927 (207) 400-9523 Edit Listing
- Puzzlewood Inc PO Box 93 Deer Isle ME 04627 (207) 348-6652 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 409 High St # 1 Ellsworth ME 04605 (207) 664-0423 Edit Listing
- Arthur Davignon Hm Remodeling 360 Gray Rd Falmouth ME 04105 (207) 807-7693 Edit Listing
- Temple Rehabilitation Assoc 57 School St Gardiner ME 04345 (207) 588-0706 Edit Listing
- Pinnacle Windows 82 Litchfield Rd Hallowell ME 04347 (207) 588-6590 Edit Listing
- Healey Remodeling 32 Woodside Dr Kennebunk ME 04043 (207) 985-0052 Edit Listing
- Viking Lumber Inc PO Box 291 Lincolnville ME 04849 (207) 236-3871 Edit Listing
- Elias Window Shop 30 Locust St Madison ME 04950 (207) 696-3777 Edit Listing
Old Orchard Bch
- Beach Glass & Window Co 162 Saco Ave Old Orchard Bch ME 04064 (207) 934-4393 Edit Listing
- Mikes Replacement Windows 13 Bachelder Rd Old Town ME 04468 (207) 827-4182 Edit Listing
- Clearview Windows 504 Ossipee Trl Porter ME 04068 (207) 625-6009 Edit Listing
- Advanced Replacement Windows 221 Virginia St Portland ME 04103 (207) 797-9531 Edit Listing
- Brackett Renovations LLC 52 Melbourne St Portland ME 04101 (207) 232-4948 Edit Listing
- Brockway-Smith Co 203 Read St Portland ME 04103 (207) 774-6201 Edit Listing
- Carr Home Improvement 68 Belfort St Portland ME 04103 (207) 878-3626 Edit Listing
- Down Under Carpentry Tile Pnt 96 Fessenden St Portland ME 04103 (207) 775-2191 Edit Listing
- Hammond Lumber Co 300 Riverside St Portland ME 04103 (207) 771-8880 Edit Listing
- MBF Windows 46 Frances St Portland ME 04102 (207) 772-0853 Edit Listing
- Mc Donald's Home Improvement 696 Quaker Ridge Rd Portland ME 04015 (207) 773-4073 Edit Listing
- Chretien Construction Inc 35 Berry Rd Saco ME 04072 (207) 284-5843 Edit Listing
- Eagle Renovations 15 Maple St Saco ME 04072 (207) 282-0002 Edit Listing
- Architectural Glazing Tech 90 Community Dr Sanford ME 04073 (207) 608-8341 Edit Listing
- Southern Maine Remodeling 32 Payne Rd Scarborough ME 04074 (207) 883-3929 Edit Listing
- Window Technicians 17 Broadturn Rd Scarborough ME 04074 (207) 885-8634 Edit Listing
- A-Best Window 1199 Broadway South Portland ME 04106 (207) 799-6771 Edit Listing
- D & D Custom Windows 85 Alfred St South Portland ME 04106 (207) 741-2457 Edit Listing
- Loranger Door & Window Co Inc 2325 Broadway # 1 South Portland ME 04106 (207) 772-2223 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 333 Clarks Pond Pkwy # 600 South Portland ME 04106 (207) 253-1856 Edit Listing
- Storm Windows 2325 Broadway South Portland ME 04106 (207) 773-5955 Edit Listing
- Renovations By Russ 14 Sylvias Way South Thomaston ME 04858 (207) 596-4619 Edit Listing
- Lane Remodeling 15 School St Standish ME 04084 (207) 642-4775 Edit Listing
- St Charles Richard Buildingn 264 Butternut Trl Wells ME 04090 (207) 641-2362 Edit Listing
- Windows Plus 3 Pleasant Point Rd Windham ME 04062 (207) 892-2650 Edit Listing