Lubbock Window Replacement
Lubbock window replacement products have become increasingly energy efficient and diverse in recent decades. While homeowners in Lubbock once had only a few basic styles and models to choose from, distributors now offer a variety of sizes, styles and finishes in all of the most popular materials. Whether you're in the market for wood, aluminum, fiberglass or vinyl replacement windows, a Lubbock window replacement expert can help you find products that will stand up to the Texas climate.
Nicknamed the "Hub City" because of its role as a center of health care, education and commerce in this region of Texas, Lubbock has been nominated as one of the best cities in the country to start a business. Lubbock homeowners enjoy a wealth of professional and recreational opportunities, and they like to keep up their homes by investing in the latest energy efficient products. Lubbock window replacement is a popular way to spruce up your house while reducing your utility bills. Compare estimates from several Lubbock contractors on the cost of this important project.
Evaluating TX Window Performance
You may not realize that you need to find a Lubbock window replacement expert until you notice a steady increase in your energy bills. The climate in Lubbock is generally mild and dry, but temperatures can spike in the summer and plummet in the winters. When your windows aren't performing as they should, you'll notice that your rooms are less comfortable, and that the cost of keeping your interior cool in the summer and warm in the winter rises a bit each year. When you note these changes, it's time to think about replacing your Texas window sets.
Many TX homeowners live in their homes for years before they notice the need for Lubbock window replacement. If the previous homeowner installed the products that you're currently using, they may have chosen an inexpensive, construction grade product that doesn't adequately insulate your home against drafts or protect your interior against heat loss. A TX window replacement professional can evaluate your current models to determine whether Lubbock window replacement is warranted.
Improperly insulated windows can become very cold in the Texas winters, resulting in a drafty sensation when you sit near one of these window panes. Underperforming panes may also be more likely to collect condensation from the vapors created by your shower, washing machine and dishwasher. When you see fog gathering on your panes, you know that condensation is occurring. Although ventilating your house with exhaust fans may partially resolve the problem, replacement with a higher grade of glass should also be considered.
Double or triple glazed panes provide greater protection against heat loss and condensation. These replacement products contain two or three panes enclosing a layer of argon or krypton gas or air, depending on the manufacturer's specifications. Once you've had double glazed Lubbock window replacement products installed in your house, you'll notice a more consistent interior temperature, with fewer drafts and less condensation.
For maximum insulation and energy efficiency, invest in Energy Star window replacement pane products. Energy Star brands have been proven to provide exceptional home insulation, combined with reduced utility bills. With these highly efficient products in place, you can reduce your home's carbon footprint -- or the impact that your household makes on the global environment.
Enhancing Curb Appeal
In addition to the cost savings and increased comfort level that Lubbock window replacement provides, new replacement products can give your house a fresher, brighter appearance. Whether you own a small traditional family bungalow in Lubbock or a large ranch house, you can improve the curb appeal of your residence with new vinyl, wood or aluminum window sashes. If you're searching for a product that's easy to customize with paint or stain, wood sashes may be your best bet.
Wood is a natural, classic material that complements the appearance of any dwelling. However, homeowners who prefer a low maintenance solution may find that wooden sashes require too much care and upkeep. Although these products generally hold up well in the semi-arid local climate, vinyl and aluminum are easier to maintain over time. Aluminum is a lightweight, resilient metal that's been used for home improvement products for generations. Vinyl is a customizable, affordable synthetic material that can provide an exceptional level of insulation for years.
Whether you're getting ready to put your home on the market or you intend to stay in the house for years, Lubbock window replacement can enhance the visual appearance of your residence. Replacing your old, sagging sashes with new models will give your house a makeover that all of your neighbors will notice. Express your pride in your home by installing fresh new models that will make your family feel more comfortable and secure for years to come.
Lubbock, Texas U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Texas county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Lubbock Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- ABC Remodeling Inc PO Box 12104 Lubbock TX 79452 (806) 787-4742 Edit Listing
- Absolute Remodeling 1708 County Road 3040 Lubbock TX 79403 (806) 241-2156 Edit Listing
- Alamo Remodeling 4202 93rd St Lubbock TX 79423 (806) 795-8544 Edit Listing
- Bill Jackson Construction 9517 Canton Ave Lubbock TX 79423 (806) 745-8393 Edit Listing
- Brown Roofing & Construction 2327 Erskine St Lubbock TX 79415 (806) 744-3899 Edit Listing
- Built For Dreams 3416 Joliet Ave Lubbock TX 79413 (806) 771-6806 Edit Listing
- C D Woodfin Construction Inc 2304 120th St Lubbock TX 79423 (806) 745-0559 Edit Listing
- C T Construction 6613 19th St Lubbock TX 79407 (806) 792-6677 Edit Listing
- Construction & Remodeling 5152 69th St Lubbock TX 79424 (806) 368-3651 Edit Listing
- Flying Colors Paint & Rmdlng 5707 36th St Lubbock TX 79407 (806) 549-4287 Edit Listing
- Fred Baggio 1332 61st St Lubbock TX 79412 (806) 747-7251 Edit Listing
- Gill Construction Co 5704 41st St Lubbock TX 79407 (806) 797-6559 Edit Listing
- H & H Construction 3406 45th St Lubbock TX 79413 (806) 778-5468 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 2615 50th St Lubbock TX 79413 (806) 791-4102 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 5801 W Loop 289 Lubbock TX 79414 (806) 788-1484 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 5022 W Loop 289 Lubbock TX 79424 (806) 791-3000 Edit Listing
- Mc Coy Remodeling 4025 Clovis Rd Lubbock TX 79415 (806) 747-4225 Edit Listing
- Monte Holmes Construction Inc PO Box 64716 Lubbock TX 79464 (806) 791-4540 Edit Listing
- Noe Torres Construction 5741 107th St Lubbock TX 79424 (806) 793-0085 Edit Listing
- Norandex Building Materials 3833 Magnolia Ave Lubbock TX 79404 (806) 765-9600 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 4009 Avenue A Lubbock TX 79404 (806) 747-7164 Edit Listing
- Rolf Stone Renovations Co 5418 86th St Lubbock TX 79424 (806) 787-9792 Edit Listing
- S & J Construction 2016 114th St # 3 Lubbock TX 79423 (806) 441-4853 Edit Listing
- Sam Reyes Construction Co PO Box 64145 Lubbock TX 79464 (806) 797-1043 Edit Listing
- Vincent Construction 10622 Salem Ave Lubbock TX 79424 (806) 300-8091 Edit Listing
- Wilson Works Remodel 8005 Englewood Ave Lubbock TX 79424 (806) 702-4224 Edit Listing