Indianapolis Window Replacement
An Indianapolis window replacement can give you excellent energy savings on your Indiana home's heating and cooling bills. It can also provide you with an increased value on the home, especially if you use an Energy Star approved replacement. Whether you plan to replace one window, or are replacing windows throughout the home, you can save on the cost when you shop online and compare quotes from a variety of providers in your Indiana area.
Before shopping for an Indianapolis replacement, you will need to know the size of the windows you are replacing. To determine the size, first measure the length of the unit in three places, top, bottom, and center. Record the lowest measurement. Next, measure the width in the same way, right and left side, and the middle. Again, record the smallest measurement. By using the smaller measurements, you will be sure the new Indianapolis window replacement will have a tight fit.
There are many styles and materials to choose from when shopping for an Indiana window replacement. From awning styles to casement windows, you can find what you need. You may also choose from wood, composite, vinyl, and aluminum. Wood is one of the best choices you can make if you do not mind a little bit of maintenance. Wood is a natural insulator and so is very energy efficient.
Composite is also an excellent replacement choice although slightly higher in cost. Composite looks and feels like wood without the amount of maintenance. It comes in a variety of colors and wood grain. Composite will not warp or rot and can last for many years. If you prefer the look of wood without the maintenance, a composite style is for you.
Aluminum is one of the less expensive models of an Indianapolis window replacement. Aluminum is not the most energy efficient because its metal design has a tendency to conduct the heat and cold. It also is very easy to bend and so will not last as long as the wooden or composite designs. On the other hand, if budget is a concern, an aluminum Indianapolis window replacement can be purchased in an energy efficient design such as a horizontal slider window replacement.
Vinyl Window Replacement
Many people believe that the ideal choice for a replacement in Indianapolis, IN is the vinyl design. Vinyl does not require any maintenance. The color is mixed in with the material during creation and so will never chip, crack, or peel. The frames of the vinyl windows are hollow. The trapped air inside creates an excellent insulator. If you would like to have a unit in your Indiana home that is efficient and requires no upkeep, the vinyl designs are the ideal choice for you.
A vinyl Indianapolis window replacement comes with several glass options including Low E, which is a glass that traps the heat and keeps it inside. You may also choose the insulated glass or even storm or thermal windows, which are ideal for the long winters in Indianapolis, IN. A thermal window is double or triple paned with air trapped between each. These windows are extremely energy efficient and will buffer most of the outside noise, so the inside of your Indiana home will remain quiet.
Vinyl also comes in many different styles. You can choose awning, which have a hinge at the top and open outward, casement, which hinge at the side and crank to the outside, double hung, which open vertically, or gliding, which open horizontally. You might also want to consider having the grilles in a mullioned window either be removable or be located on the inside of the glass for ease in cleaning. No matter what style, color, or design you choose, you will love a vinyl Indianapolis window replacement.
An Indianapolis window replacement in your Indianapolis home may also qualify you for a tax rebate if you used energy efficient materials. The Energy Star program provides incentives, in the form of a tax rebate, or tax savings, to homeowners to use energy efficient material in all of their home improvement projects.
Be sure to save the Indianapolis window replacement receipts and provide them to your Indianapolis tax professional when they do your taxes for the year. In most cases the material is the only thing that counts toward the program but if you use a contractor, be sure to save the receipts for them as well. The construction costs may qualify in some instances.
An Indianapolis window replacement is the ideal way to increase your Indianapolis home's value while making it more efficient. Be sure to use material that has the Energy Star approval and save your receipts. No matter whether you plan to replace every window in the home, or just a few, you can shop online and find excellent prices on material.
Indianapolis, Indiana U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Indiana county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Indianapolis Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- 3-R Products & Svc 1970 Midwest Blvd Indianapolis IN 46214 (317) 271-7670 Edit Listing
- Alerra 3435 S Harding St Indianapolis IN 46217 (317) 788-4704 Edit Listing
- All American Window Man 5575 Elmwood Ave # B Indianapolis IN 46203 (317) 443-9000 Edit Listing
- All Dry Waterproofing 5550 Progress Rd Indianapolis IN 46241 (317) 398-3940 Edit Listing
- Allied Building Products 3120 N Shadeland Ave Indianapolis IN 46226 (317) 568-0466 Edit Listing
- Alside Supply Ctr 5501 W Minnesota St Indianapolis IN 46241 (317) 241-6072 Edit Listing
- Alside Supply Ctr 6737 E 30th St # A Indianapolis IN 46219 (317) 547-4077 Edit Listing
- American Patio Enclosures Inc 12528 Doe Ln Indianapolis IN 46236 (317) 826-0001 Edit Listing
- American Window 5631 Dividend Rd Indianapolis IN 46241 (317) 227-0613 Edit Listing
- Architectural Restoration Inc 1101 E 54th St # G Indianapolis IN 46220 (317) 722-1850 Edit Listing
- B & B Remodeling 2120 S Catherwood Ave Indianapolis IN 46203 (317) 890-1966 Edit Listing
- Baker Group Inc 7759 Grandview Dr Indianapolis IN 46260 (317) 334-9141 Edit Listing
- Bidmead & Younger Constr 1114 E 46th St Indianapolis IN 46205 (317) 254-4411 Edit Listing
- Blair Windows & Doors Inc 440 S Ritter Ave Indianapolis IN 46219 (317) 356-4666 Edit Listing
- Brothers Construction Svc 4232 E Michigan St Indianapolis IN 46201 (317) 357-4099 Edit Listing
- Champion Window Siding & Patio 8461 Castlewood Dr Indianapolis IN 46250 (317) 348-0932 Edit Listing
- Clearview Windows & Hm Rstrtn 3605 Whalen Ave Indianapolis IN 46227 (312) 288-0917 Edit Listing
- CNC Renovations 9915 Brookville Rd Indianapolis IN 46239 (317) 245-7355 Edit Listing
- Doc G Keys & Son Inc 1325 W 30th St Indianapolis IN 46208 (317) 924-4000 Edit Listing
- Dorfman Design Builders 827 N Capitol Ave Indianapolis IN 46204 (317) 638-3717 Edit Listing
- Facility Concepts Inc 7676 Zionsville Rd Indianapolis IN 46268 (317) 915-9000 Edit Listing
- Fine Remodeling Inc 7979 Lantern Rd Indianapolis IN 46256 (317) 849-0897 Edit Listing
- Greensitehomes 8530 Wilson Rd Indianapolis IN 46278 (317) 291-3594 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 2225 N Post Rd Indianapolis IN 46219 (317) 890-9791 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 3902 N High School Rd Indianapolis IN 46254 (317) 293-4256 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 4650 E Southport Rd # A Indianapolis IN 46237 (317) 780-8881 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 9320 Corporation Dr Indianapolis IN 46256 (317) 915-8534 Edit Listing
- Home Key 7451 Oak Knoll Dr Indianapolis IN 46217 (317) 409-4184 Edit Listing
- Indi Ttl Construction 2205 N Leland Ave Indianapolis IN 46218 (317) 460-8217 Edit Listing
- J C Veerkamp Inc 1444 Oliver Ave Indianapolis IN 46221 (317) 631-1719 Edit Listing
- James R Foxworthy General 149 Walnut St Indianapolis IN 46227 (317) 788-0505 Edit Listing
- JDV Construction Inc 8206 Rockville Rd Indianapolis IN 46214 (317) 514-5579 Edit Listing
- Kelley Construction Corp 2449 Inishmore Ct Indianapolis IN 46214 (317) 244-8178 Edit Listing
- Larmco Windows 6257 Coffman Rd Indianapolis IN 46268 (317) 299-9209 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 4444 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis IN 46203 (317) 405-0221 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 6002 N Rural St Indianapolis IN 46220 (317) 202-9142 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 8002 N Shadeland Ave Indianapolis IN 46250 (317) 578-2200 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 8440 Michigan Rd Indianapolis IN 46268 (317) 875-7500 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 8801 E 25th St Indianapolis IN 46219 (317) 895-8400 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 8850 Madison Ave Indianapolis IN 46227 (317) 881-0050 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 975 Beachway Dr Indianapolis IN 46224 (317) 484-1600 Edit Listing
- Mc Cullough Construction Co 8128 Zionsville Rd Indianapolis IN 46268 (317) 872-4733 Edit Listing
- Mc Kinney Remodeling & Bldg 338 S Arlington Ave Indianapolis IN 46219 (317) 602-3612 Edit Listing
- Menards 6800 Pendleton Pike # A Indianapolis IN 46226 (317) 549-2696 Edit Listing
- Menards 7140 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis IN 46237 (317) 885-7900 Edit Listing
- Menards 7145 E 96th St Indianapolis IN 46250 (317) 596-9580 Edit Listing
- Mr Window Inc 902 E 106th St Indianapolis IN 46280 (317) 848-7282 Edit Listing
- Nu Look Windows Doors & More 201 N Illinois St # 1600 Indianapolis IN 46204 (317) 282-0232 Edit Listing
- Patriot Resotration 8515 Cedar Place Dr Indianapolis IN 46240 (317) 802-7658 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 5425 W 74th St # 200 Indianapolis IN 46268 (317) 872-9927 Edit Listing
- Raceway Construction 892 N Raceway Rd Indianapolis IN 46234 (317) 271-0326 Edit Listing
- Raspberry Building Corp 6257 Coffman Rd Indianapolis IN 46268 (317) 299-9220 Edit Listing
- REESEWHOLESALE.COM 1155 E 54th St Indianapolis IN 46220 (317) 202-8200 Edit Listing
- Rodgers Remodeling 3632 Dandelion Ave # 8 Indianapolis IN 46203 (317) 796-9963 Edit Listing
- Schwenzer Remodeling Svc 11532 Boone Dr Indianapolis IN 46229 (317) 894-2227 Edit Listing
- Terrace Beach Builders 7539 Terrace Bch Indianapolis IN 46240 (317) 253-3187 Edit Listing
- Thermal Window & Siding 1744 Westlane Rd Indianapolis IN 46260 (317) 722-1555 Edit Listing
- Tri Bar Construction Corp 7956 Dean Rd Indianapolis IN 46240 (317) 578-8442 Edit Listing
- Unique Home Solutions 5550 Progress Rd Indianapolis IN 46241 (317) 337-9300 Edit Listing
- USA Clear Choice 5602 Elmwood Ave # 207 Indianapolis IN 46203 (317) 757-5859 Edit Listing
- Weatherguard Windows & Doors 6856 Westlake Rd Indianapolis IN 46214 (317) 387-0821 Edit Listing
- Window Source Indy LLC 5730 Michigan Rd Indianapolis IN 46228 (317) 731-4243 Edit Listing
- Window World 1229 Country Club Rd Indianapolis IN 46234 (317) 209-0008 Edit Listing
- Windows & Doors 3217 N Shadeland Ave Indianapolis IN 46226 (317) 841-0663 Edit Listing
- Windows & Doors-Indianapolis 5041 W 96th St Indianapolis IN 46268 (317) 803-9905 Edit Listing
- Wrightworks LLC 5207 N College Ave # 1 Indianapolis IN 46220 (317) 925-7106 Edit Listing