Hawaii Window Replacement
Hawaii window replacement companies use the latest materials in home replacement windows to update homes and provide energy savings for their customers in Honolulu, Hilo, Kailua, Kaneohe, and Waipahu, HI. Window replacement is an excellent home improvement investment for homeowners all throughout Hawaii. Keeping up your home's energy performance is critical if you wish to be comfortable when the temperatures are high. And of course, security and safety are major concerns for every homeowner; and these issues are also greatly improved when we choose to install new Hawaii window replacement products.
Making the choice for window glass replacement should be done after careful consideration of all of your options and selection of a top Hawaii window replacement contractor to handle the task on your behalf. Do your due diligence and discover the cost of the project and find the best deals for Hawaii homeowners. Set and keep your budget and get those HI windows done for less.
Choosing to Replace Windows
Many Hawaii residents consider getting their home windows done but many never get past just thinking about it, for one reason or another. One major hurdle we all have to overcome to actually get to the point where we're ready to decide to go ahead to do the job is general anxiety about finding out the price. There is nothing you can do about that number, and honestly it often isn't as big as you might imagine anyway. So, there is really no reason not to make the decision to at least go out and get some numbers together on Hawaii window replacement.
What homeowners often find when they decide to really check out the price they might pay for brand new Hawaii vinyl replacement windows is that they can often get more than they thought possible for their money. As consumers we can find great values from Hawaii contractors and suppliers, but we need to get out and be willing to shop around. Today's market includes many great companies that specialize in providing excellent products and services at reasonable prices to their customers in Hawaii. That has to make you feel good as a homeowner in the state. And we mustn't forget to also figure in the monetary savings new Hawaii window replacement can contribute to our long term budget. It is important to get a complete picture of the cost of the job so you have the real story on how a window job may impact your finances.
Determine Replacement Windows Cost
Getting that real story makes it possible to fully assess the true financial effect of a window job. First of all, get prices on the installation itself. Find out how much companies in the area are proposing to charge you to install windows on your house. Get quotes and compare prices to find the best deal.
Use our free quote service to get this step done as quickly as possible. Just fill out the form at the top of this page and you're ready to get some free quotes coming in from Hawaii window replacement companies. Take in the bids and compare them against one another. Find the one that represents the best deal and you'll know what you're looking at for upfront cost.
But this upfront expense is not the whole picture. We should also analyze any further short and long term impact window installation might have on our finances. There are at least a few different ways in which doing this type of work on your house positively affects your life financially. One of them is in your tax returns. Energy efficient Hawaii window replacement products often qualify for a federal tax credit. If you select the right materials for the job, you could be looking at a large windfall come tax time. Talk to your contractor about selecting windows that qualify for these sorts of credits.
And also consider the potential energy cost savings over time. With energy efficiency come better energy performance and lower home cooling bills every month. This cost savings has to at least be in the back of the mind when we choose to replace windows in our homes.
Replacing Windows on Limited Budget
Hawaii window replacement contractors are accustomed to helping out customers working with limited financial means to get the job done. There are certainly options worth considering for those of us who do not have the cash to fully fund a job like this up front. Get all of these options in hand and make a wise choice on window replacement for your home. Take the time to consider all the different ways new windows can positively impact your life as a state resident, and put together a solid plan for getting high quality Hawaii window replacement services performed at your dwelling.
Energy Star Ratings for Hawaii Replacement Windows
Replacement windows are well-worth the investment IF you take the time to learn about new windows and select the correct features for your new windows. Where you live will determine which features are best suited for the new windows in your home. Take the time to learn about window replacement products and which windows are best suited for homes in Hawaii.
Energy Star determines climate zones, u-factor, and shgc recommendations by county in HI and in most other states.
Below are Hawaii's climate zones with the corresponding u-factor and solar heat gain coefficients for each Hawaii climate zone as determined by Energy Star.
The efficiency ratings below will assist you in making a well-thought-out purchase when looking for energy efficient window replacements that will give you the best return on your money in Hawaii.
In order to find the best u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient for your county in Hawaii, simply follow these steps:
- Find your county in the left most column.
- Find your climate zone in the orange box to the right of the column with your county's name.
- Under the orange box with your climate zone, find the dark grey box with the product you are looking for - window replacements, new doors, or skylights.
- Under the product type, you will find the best u-factor and shgc as determined by Energy Star.
- When getting quotes from contractors, be sure that your window replacements, new skylights, and/or replacement doors have one of the Energy Star ratings in the table below in order to maximize energy efficiency in your home.
|Hawaii County HI
Honolulu County HI
Kalawao County HI
Kauai County HI
Maui County HI
|Southern Climate Zone|
|0.40 or less||0.25 or less|
|0.60 or less||0.28 or less|
|Solid Doors (No Glass)|
|0.17 or less||No Rating|
|Doors with Less than Half Glass|
|0.25 or less||0.25 or less|
|Doors with More than Half Glass|
|0.30 or less||0.25 or less|
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Hawaii county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows.
Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, skylights, and doors regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
To read more about u-factor and why it is so important when trying to improve energy efficiency with replacement windows in your Hawaii home, please review our detailed u-factor guide..
To educate yourself about solar heat gain coefficients as they relate to your Hawaii window replacement project, please read our guide to understanding shgc.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination for your window replacement project. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
Find Local Installers
- A's Carpentry Inc PO Box 2329 Ewa Beach HI 96706 (808) 685-6069 Edit Listing
- Island Renovations 91-1199 Kuanoo St Ewa Beach HI 96706 (808) 685-3377 Edit Listing
- Max Builder 91-1119 Kaunolu St Ewa Beach HI 96706 (888) 790-1698 Edit Listing
- Island Services 429 Ulumalu Rd Haiku HI 96708 (808) 572-0040 Edit Listing
- Dalmally Homes LTD 59-502 Alapio Rd Haleiwa HI 96712 (808) 638-8672 Edit Listing
- Professional Maintenance 609 Ainako Ave Hilo HI 96720 (808) 935-7937 Edit Listing
- Sky Builders PO Box 7315 Hilo HI 96720 (808) 443-9515 Edit Listing
- Evett Construction LLC 74-4983 Mamalahoa Hwy Holualoa HI 96725 (808) 329-4640 Edit Listing
- All World Glass 1314 Liona St # 5 Honolulu HI 96814 (808) 847-0277 Edit Listing
- Co-Ha Builders Inc 1726 Hau St Honolulu HI 96819 (808) 842-4993 Edit Listing
- Dumore Construction & Rmdlng 575 Cooke St Honolulu HI 96813 (808) 216-9956 Edit Listing
- East Oahu Home Remodeling 501 Hahaione St # 10k Honolulu HI 96825 (808) 391-9746 Edit Listing
- Kirkland Cabinetry 2815 Kaihikapu St # A Honolulu HI 96819 (808) 845-8081 Edit Listing
- One Stop Windows & Doors 560 N Nimitz Hwy # 115b Honolulu HI 96817 (808) 550-2402 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 214 Sand Island Access Rd # B Honolulu HI 96819 (808) 841-3200 Edit Listing
- T T Tsukamoto Contractor 1660 Ala Kiao Pl Honolulu HI 96819 (808) 848-8998 Edit Listing
- Thompson Construction Corp PO Box 30527 Honolulu HI 96820 (808) 836-1020 Edit Listing
- Top Proz 2224 Alahao Pl # 203 Honolulu HI 96819 (808) 845-5588 Edit Listing
- Window World 2620 Waiwai Loop Honolulu HI 96819 (808) 834-1114 Edit Listing
- Pacific Dynamics Remodeling 1039 Kupau St Kailua HI 96734 (808) 261-1615 Edit Listing
- Production Finish Carpentry PO Box 43 Kailua HI 96734 (808) 262-2198 Edit Listing
- 4r Services PO Box 4786 Kailua Kona HI 96745 (808) 329-9299 Edit Listing
- Cadowin Inc 77-6478 Marlin Rd Kailua Kona HI 96740 (808) 329-4300 Edit Listing
- Davis Carpentry 74-5605 Alapa St # 101 Kailua Kona HI 96740 (808) 327-0001 Edit Listing
- Hotel Outfitters PO Box 308 Kailua Kona HI 96743 (808) 924-6835 Edit Listing
- Kitchen Cabinets Inc 73-5620 Kauhola St # 3 Kailua Kona HI 96740 (808) 329-5836 Edit Listing
- Reflections Glass Hawaii 73-5620 Kauhola St # 4 Kailua Kona HI 96740 (808) 329-7777 Edit Listing
- Rumley Construction LLC 77-6411 Leilani St Kailua Kona HI 96740 (808) 937-4170 Edit Listing
- Pacific Island Remodeling PO Box 572 Kamuela HI 96743 (808) 885-4452 Edit Listing
- Cornair Remodeling 45-594 Luluku Pl Kaneohe HI 96744 (808) 235-2999 Edit Listing
- Discount Windows & Doors 45-564 Kamehameha Hwy # A Kaneohe HI 96744 (808) 673-6656 Edit Listing
- Wahine Builders 46-270 Kamehameha Hwy Kaneohe HI 96744 (808) 236-0883 Edit Listing
- Windward Window Works 46-337 Kumoo Loop Kaneohe HI 96744 (808) 223-9659 Edit Listing
- Fine Line Builders 283 Aina Lani Pl Kapaa HI 96746 (808) 823-6352 Edit Listing
- Value Remodeling LLC 590 Farrington Hwy # 140 Kapolei HI 96707 (808) 676-3410 Edit Listing
- Leeward Finish & Remodeling 481 Nanakai St Kihei HI 96753 (808) 357-3935 Edit Listing
- Professional Remodeling Inc 168 Kupuna St Kihei HI 96753 (808) 874-0848 Edit Listing
- Simpson Construction PO Box 278 Kilauea HI 96754 (808) 828-1792 Edit Listing
- Window Dr & Carpet Clg PO Box 134 Koloa HI 96756 (808) 742-1213 Edit Listing
- KOA Connection 130 Kupuohi St # D7 Lahaina HI 96761 (808) 667-2061 Edit Listing
- Yule Construction 3492 Maona Rd Lihue HI 96766 (808) 246-0140 Edit Listing
- Greater Pacific Construction 1630 Piiholo Rd Makawao HI 96768 (808) 572-6180 Edit Listing
- Upcountry Woodworks LLC PO Box 1142 Makawao HI 96768 (808) 573-1945 Edit Listing
- Pacific Isle Contractors LTD 94-437 Kealakaa St Mililani HI 96789 (808) 623-4717 Edit Listing
- Cadowin Inc PO Box 596 Mountain View HI 96771 (808) 968-6003 Edit Listing
- Design Trends 96-1185 Waihona St # D1 Pearl City HI 96782 (808) 455-5215 Edit Listing
- Hula Moon Window Graphics 1718 Wilikina Dr # B Wahiawa HI 96786 (808) 277-9067 Edit Listing
- Kawena Built 89-902 Haleakala Ave Waianae HI 96792 (808) 630-6960 Edit Listing
- Ed Construction & Home Repair 658 Nukuwai Pl Wailuku HI 96793 (808) 244-3302 Edit Listing
- EJR Construction Inc PO Box 793 Wailuku HI 96793 (808) 879-2617 Edit Listing
- Maui Boy Construction Inc 41 Kaulana Na Pua Pl Wailuku HI 96793 (808) 276-2459 Edit Listing
- Valley Isle Building Products 1766 Lower Main St Wailuku HI 96793 (808) 249-0791 Edit Listing
- Arakawa Construction 94-1071 Ohilau Pl Waipahu HI 96797 (808) 677-4554 Edit Listing
- Custom Countertops Inc 94-078 Leokane St # B Waipahu HI 96797 (808) 677-5050 Edit Listing
- Design Construct Builders 94-148 Leowaena St # G Waipahu HI 96797 (808) 677-7070 Edit Listing
- Windows Hawaii 94-480 Akoki St # 4 Waipahu HI 96797 (808) 671-0808 Edit Listing