Frederick Window Replacement
Comparing Frederick window replacement quotes before you make this investment will help you get the most value for your money. The cost of products and labor will vary from one Maryland replacement window provider to another, so it pays to shop around for quotes from qualified local contractors. A knowledgeable MD window replacement specialist is familiar with the climate in Maryland and can recommend energy efficient windows that will complement your Frederick home.
Frederick window replacement is one of the most effective ways to reduce your home's energy usage and cut your household utility bills. Although windows take up a relatively small percentage of the total area of the average MD house, a significant percentage of your home's energy can be lost through these openings. A poorly insulated window can increase the workload on your heating and cooling systems, driving up your utility costs and making your Frederick home drafty and uncomfortable.
Window Replacement for Older Homes
Originally known as Frederick Town when it was laid out in the mid 1700s, Frederick still retains much of its historic character. The town is known for its distinctive church spires and its historic brick and wooden buildings. Homeowners in Frederick take pride in their dwellings, and Frederick window replacement is an important part of maintaining the appearance and insulation of these valuable residences.
Some homeowners resist the idea of window replacement because they are afraid that new replacement products will detract from the authenticity of an older property. However, architectural conservationists have used replacement window sets on historic dwellings to protect these buildings and keep them comfortable. Quality Frederick window replacement products can be customized to suit the style of older residences as well as new, contemporary dwellings in MD.
If your older house experiences frequent drafts or cold spots, or if you hear audible rattling from your windows, it may be time to consult a Frederick window replacement specialist. Replacing old, underperforming units with new, energy efficient models can make your house more livable and reduce the cost of heating or cooling an older building. Wooden Frederick window replacement frames can preserve the appearance of an historic property while providing superior insulation and protecting the house against heat loss.
An energy audit of your older Maryland residence can provide valuable information about the performance of your existing units. Professional energy auditors can evaluate doors, windows and rough openings to determine whether your property is adequately insulated. Homeowners can perform their own pared down energy audit by inspecting these openings for visible cracks or gaps. If the smoke from a lighted candle or stick of incense drifts away from the frames of doors or windows, you may have expensive leaks in these areas.
A Frederick window replacement provider can recommend brands and styles that will complement your older residence. Traditional styles, such as double hung or casement models, may be the most attractive option for an historic house. Multi paned units give a property charm as well as an authentic look of the past. Compare estimates from several Frederick professionals who specialize in properties like yours.
Costs of Replacement
Frederick window replacement can represent a significant investment in your property. The cost of replacing your old, outdated models with new units may start at $300 per window and range up to $1,000 per unit or more, depending on the condition of the frame. If the original frames are in good condition and require no additional repairs, the total cost of this home improvement project may be considerably lower. However, if your frames are damaged by dry rot, water exposure or termites, the necessary repairs will increase the cost.
The best way to have your old units replaced at a reasonable rate is to compare quotes from several of the most qualified providers in your community. Look for licensed installers with a solid reputation for dependable, timely service. The quote you receive from a provider may include the cost of the products themselves, as well as the cost of replacing the old units, installing and cleaning the new models and disposing of the old products. A reliable contractor may agree to inspect your home beforehand to determine whether frame repair will be required.
Local providers know how the weather in this region can affect your interior comfort level. An experienced professional knows which products will provide the most efficient protection against the elements. Because energy efficiency is a top priority, ask about Energy Star models, which offer superior resistance to air infiltration and heat loss.
Frederick window replacement brands that carry the Energy Star label may be more costly up front. However, homeowners who invest in these units may recoup their investment by saving money on their utility bills. Ask your provider to recommend products that will offer maximum efficiency in the years to come.
Frederick, Maryland U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Maryland county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Frederick Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- 3D Design & Remodeling 2110 Walnut Ridge Ct Frederick MD 21702 (240) 686-1010 Edit Listing
- Advanced Window Inc 4635 Wedgewood Blvd # 113 Frederick MD 21703 (301) 696-0707 Edit Listing
- Builders Window & Door Inc 4527 Metropolitan Ct # B Frederick MD 21704 (240) 457-4272 Edit Listing
- Champion Window Siding & Patio 5732 Buckeystown Pike # 30 Frederick MD 21704 (240) 457-4140 Edit Listing
- Clearview Window & Door 295 Bucheimer Rd # B Frederick MD 21701 (301) 698-5502 Edit Listing
- Hallmark Window & Sliding 510 S Market St Frederick MD 21701 (301) 620-2407 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 1304 Taney Ave Frederick MD 21702 (301) 620-2952 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 51 N Mccain Dr Frederick MD 21702 (301) 644-2840 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 5517 Urbana Pike Frederick MD 21704 (301) 620-0571 Edit Listing
- J D Rock Custom Home 1708 Dearbought Dr Frederick MD 21701 (301) 788-8972 Edit Listing
- James A Cassidy Co Inc 4 S Mccain Dr Frederick MD 21703 (301) 698-0700 Edit Listing
- Jones Homes LLC 6145 Mount Phillip Rd Frederick MD 21703 (301) 831-4633 Edit Listing
- Liberty Glass & Woodworking 11339 Liberty Rd Frederick MD 21701 (301) 304-0364 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 5611 Buckeystown Pike Frederick MD 21704 (301) 668-3350 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 7840 Wormans Mill Rd Frederick MD 21701 (240) 215-2800 Edit Listing
- Mariner Home Exteriors-Frdrck 6840 Yellow Sheave Ct Frederick MD 21703 (240) 629-8998 Edit Listing
- Midland Glass 5711 Industry Ln # 4 Frederick MD 21704 (301) 846-4188 Edit Listing
- Montgomery Window Products-MD 1539 Tilco Dr # 130 Frederick MD 21704 (240) 629-8721 Edit Listing
- Tnt Service Group Inc 3958 Dartmouth Ct # A Frederick MD 21703 (301) 874-8400 Edit Listing
- Window Depot USA-Frederick 5702 Industry Ln # A45 Frederick MD 21704 (301) 682-3292 Edit Listing
- Window World 8420 Gas House Pike # T Frederick MD 21701 (301) 663-0699 Edit Listing