Baltimore Window Replacement
A Baltimore window replacement is easy to install, affordable, and can provide you with excellent savings on your Maryland home's heating and cooling costs. If you have noticed that your window is leaking cold air during those cold Maryland winters, it is probably time to replace the windows. Luckily, you can find affordable prices on a Baltimore window replacement when you shop online and compare prices from the top providers in your MD area.
Windows are one of the primary places where a Maryland home loses energy during the winter. By doing a Baltimore window replacement project, you will not only save on the heating and cooling costs, but may also qualify for a tax savings through the Energy Star program. When you use energy efficient products for your home improvement needs in MD, you will want to save the receipts for your tax professional. There are excellent incentives through the Energy Star program that will make it worth your while.
For a Baltimore window replacement to be considered energy efficient, it must meet three main criteria, low U value, proper solar heat gain for the region, and low air infiltration. The U value measures the amount of heat that is lost through a window. If the U value is low, the unit is considered to be insulated properly and is more energy efficient.
The solar heat gain is defined as the amount of solar heat that passes through a windowpane. The correct amount of solar heat gain for any unit depends on the region it will be used in. For Baltimore, because of the colder climate, a higher solar heat gain is preferred to allow the sun to partially heat the home during the winter.
The final factor, the air infiltration, is the amount of air that the frame allows to pass. A lower air infiltration factor in a Baltimore window replacement is the most preferred. Drafty windows have a high air infiltration and so are not energy efficient. No matter how good the solar heat gain and U value is, if the window's frame is allowing air through, the energy efficiency is lost.
Before you shop for a Baltimore window replacement, you will first need to know the size you are looking for. To determine the size for your Baltimore windows, measure the length and the width in three locations. Use the smallest measurements for the Maryland window replacement size requirements you need. By using the smallest measurements, you are ensuring a tight fit for the replacement.
The next item you will need to decide is the style of replacement you want to use. If you only have one replacement to do, you may want to simply stick with the style you have today to keep the uniformity of your Maryland home. If you are replacing all of the windows, now is an excellent time to update the look if that is what you desire.
Updating the look of a Baltimore, MD home is as easy as changing the styles of the windows that are in it today. When you change the window styles, you will notice a dramatic difference in the look of the home. Be sure to choose models such as horizontal slider window replacement that will complement the architecture of the home. You may even want to consult with a replacement specialist to determine the best window replacements for your needs.
Vinyl Window Replacement
Vinyl is a popular product for a Baltimore window replacement. Vinyl will not warp, rot, or peel like the wooden units will. Vinyl also does not require any maintenance or upkeep. The color of the vinyl is mixed into the material at the factory and so will never chip or peel. Best of all, vinyl is extremely affordable and comes in a wide range of colors and styles to fit your Baltimore home.
There are many options in a vinyl Baltimore window replacement that can provide you with much easier cleaning than traditional units. If you like the mullioned look for your Baltimore home, for example, you will love the optional vinyl units that place the grilles in between two pieces of glass. This gives you the mullioned look without the cleaning hassles. Another option is blinds that are also in between two pieces of glass. You will never need to clean dusty blinds again when you use this option.
A Baltimore window replacement can provide your Baltimore home a whole new look while decreasing the heating and cooling costs in the process. Whether you like the look of casements, sliding, awning, or picture windows, you can find what you need at prices you can afford when you shop online. Be sure to ask the provider for Energy Star approved products, which may qualify you for an excellent tax rebate. Shop online today and start saving on your energy bills immediately.
Baltimore, Maryland U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Maryland county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Baltimore Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- A Us Window 4115 Wilkens Ave # 200 Baltimore MD 21229 (410) 737-8777 Edit Listing
- Advanced Installations Inc 6305 Belair Rd # 1 Baltimore MD 21206 (410) 426-0853 Edit Listing
- Advantage Remodeling Corp 4639 Falls Rd Baltimore MD 21209 (410) 662-1900 Edit Listing
- Again New Remodeling Inc 6230 Woodcrest Ave Baltimore MD 21209 (443) 850-8597 Edit Listing
- Alside Supply Ctr 3721 Commerce Dr Baltimore MD 21227 (410) 247-4666 Edit Listing
- American Horizon Windows 311 George Ave Baltimore MD 21221 (410) 687-3335 Edit Listing
- Auto Concepts Inc 6005 Belair Rd Baltimore MD 21206 (410) 335-8277 Edit Listing
- Baltimore Home Remodeling 103 Old Court Rd # A Baltimore MD 21208 (410) 602-0015 Edit Listing
- Beard Home Renovations LLC 3644 Buena Vista Ave Baltimore MD 21211 (443) 857-1446 Edit Listing
- Beleck Remodeling 6414 Park Heights Ave # E5 Baltimore MD 21215 (410) 764-3325 Edit Listing
- Broadway Window Treatments LLC 1620 W 41st St Baltimore MD 21211 (410) 467-6663 Edit Listing
- Champion Window Siding & Patio 7110 Golden Ring Rd # 110 Baltimore MD 21221 (410) 782-0513 Edit Listing
- Dependable Repairs & Rnvtns 2542 Wilkens Ave Baltimore MD 21223 (410) 233-6481 Edit Listing
- Eastern Installation Inc 1967 Frames Rd Baltimore MD 21222 (410) 285-6615 Edit Listing
- Exterior Remodelers Inc 1007 N Charles St Baltimore MD 21201 (410) 528-9600 Edit Listing
- Fleming's Diversified Svc LLC 2902 Glenmore Ave Baltimore MD 21214 (410) 599-1856 Edit Listing
- Gannon Construction Co 6105 Birchwood Ave Baltimore MD 21214 (410) 444-1604 Edit Listing
- Glen Taylor 38 S Stockton St Baltimore MD 21223 (410) 685-3822 Edit Listing
- Hamm Remodeling 8925 Parlo Rd Baltimore MD 21236 (410) 529-1016 Edit Listing
- Heavens Quality Improvements 2925 Clifton Ave Baltimore MD 21216 (443) 925-0399 Edit Listing
- Hidden Levels 3600 W Belvedere Ave # 1 Baltimore MD 21215 (410) 367-6305 Edit Listing
- High Performance 3901 Buena Vista Ave Baltimore MD 21211 (410) 366-9380 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 6315 Eastern Ave Baltimore MD 21224 (410) 631-4440 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 6620 Reisterstown Rd Baltimore MD 21215 (410) 358-4046 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 9955 Pulaski Hwy Baltimore MD 21220 (410) 780-9201 Edit Listing
- Home Team Home Improvement 1020 N Linwood Ave Baltimore MD 21205 (410) 522-5510 Edit Listing
- Hometown Repair & Remodel 3644 Hineline Rd Baltimore MD 21229 (443) 759-4700 Edit Listing
- J & M Installations 2103 Erdman Ave # A Baltimore MD 21218 (410) 338-6980 Edit Listing
- Jihads Home Imrovement 1114 Sterrett St Baltimore MD 21230 (443) 759-1681 Edit Listing
- Letts Remodel Inc 3400 Pinewood Ave Baltimore MD 21206 (410) 254-1613 Edit Listing
- Nelson RL & Co Hm Imprvmnt 2355 W North Ave Baltimore MD 21216 (410) 462-1465 Edit Listing
- Prestige Windows & Siding 5711 Odonnell St Baltimore MD 21224 (410) 522-2202 Edit Listing
- Quality Home Svc LLC 1641 Gwynns Falls Pkwy Baltimore MD 21217 (443) 472-4828 Edit Listing
- Replacement Windows-A Better 6217 Green Meadow Way Baltimore MD 21209 (410) 299-0038 Edit Listing
- Resco Restorations 620 Walker Ave Baltimore MD 21212 (410) 372-0211 Edit Listing
- Rgne LLC 2005 Hillenwood Rd Baltimore MD 21239 (410) 444-5734 Edit Listing
- Rusta Remodeling 12 N Beaumont Ave Baltimore MD 21228 (410) 747-9525 Edit Listing
- Starline Industries PO Box 4263 Baltimore MD 21205 (410) 325-5300 Edit Listing
- Thermal Industries Inc 3101 Washington Blvd # C Baltimore MD 21230 (410) 644-0555 Edit Listing
- United Remodeling 7940 E Baltimore St Baltimore MD 21224 (410) 426-2352 Edit Listing
- Weather Master Custom Windows 2115 Eastern Ave Baltimore MD 21231 (410) 675-1600 Edit Listing
- Welsh Remodeling 2526 Ashland Ave Baltimore MD 21205 (410) 732-1360 Edit Listing
- Winchester Remodeling LLC 814 Washington Blvd Baltimore MD 21230 (410) 598-2956 Edit Listing