Augusta Window Replacement
Augusta window replacement companies are a great choice for getting your home improvement project off the ground quickly and professionally. Knowing what windows are right for what rooms can be tough at times, and if you've never installed a replacement window before, you may not feel comfortable tackling your August window replacement project on your own. By working with an Augusta, GA company, you will have a team of professionals by your side from start to finish that can answer all of your questions and can even do the heavy lifting for you. Many Augusta window replacement companies provide crews to do the actual installation for you if you want them to.
Check the Frames
One of the first things you may hear from your Georgia window replacement company is that when you check to see which windows need to be replaced in your Augusta home, you should check the frames as well. This can be a surprise to many Augusta, GA residents, because there is a prevailing belief that if there is a draft in your home, it is the fault of one of your windows. The fact of the matter is that sometimes, the problem isn't in the windows at all, but in the frames. Other times, and this is the most common, there is a combination of problems with both the Georgia windows and frames.
Over time frames, particularly wooden frames, can become degraded from being exposed to the elements all day every day. Frames can become warped, leaving spaces between themselves and your windows, which is where you get your draft from. When you purchase a replacement window but don't also check the frame, you could end up with the same draft after your new installation as you had before it. Your Augusta window replacement company can tell you what to look for to identify a damaged frame, and how to replace them when you get a insulating glass replacement window set for your Georgia home.
Choose Local Businesses
There are a lot of great reasons to choose a local Augusta window replacement company over a company somewhere else in Georgia or in another state. Chiefly, by working with a local company, you will be able to consistently meet with your team to make sure that your project is on the right track. If you were to work with a company in Atlanta, GA, for instance, you would be trying to get your Augusta window replacement set from a company more than two hours away. That would make it so difficult for you to quickly rectify an issue if you find one. If you were to discover that the windows delivered to you don't fit the frames in your Augusta home, for instance, you could lose an entire day or several days shipping the windows back and getting ones of the right size.
Local Augusta companies also have a fierce dedication to local customers. They live in your neighborhoods, and their children go to school with yours. There is a good chance that they know someone you know or that they know you personally. Augusta is not a small town, with just under 200,000, but many of the residents are very friendly and window replacement is often a business of referrals. When you choose to work with an Augusta window replacement company, you give back to the economy of your home town. The business will appreciate that, and the workers will work extra hard to take care of you in return.
Experience Post-Install Savings
Purchasing an Augusta window replacement set could be instigated by a need, such as broken windows or significant drafts in your home. You could also be purchasing a set because you want to change up the look of your home. Maybe you want to install a few larger windows so that you can gain a better view of your neighborhood. Whatever your reasons for getting new windows, every one that you get can give you an extra bonus that you may not have been expecting.
Augusta window replacement sets are all excellent at increasing the energy efficiency of your home. Older windows tend to be more prone to breaking and to letting in drafts, which almost always has an affect on your electric bill. The more serious the drafts are, the higher you will see your electric bill climb. By purchasing new windows, you can eliminate those drafts and save yourself as much as a few hundred dollars a year on your electric bill. After a while, your windows could even pay for themselves for that reason alone.
Augusta window replacement companies can walk you through all of the benefits to purchasing new windows for your home. Whatever your reason for looking at new windows, these companies can help you get the most out of your project.
Augusta, Georgia U-Factor and SHGC Ratings
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Georgia county's recommended window efficiency ratings.
Use our tool to search for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county so that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing new windows, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Augusta Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- A & R Floyd 120 Sand Bar Ferry Rd Augusta GA 30901 (706) 306-3986 Edit Listing
- Augusta Property Rehab 4378 Goshen Lake Dr S Augusta GA 30906 (706) 589-6200 Edit Listing
- Barrett Window & Door Co Inc 707 Mcknight Industrial Blvd Augusta GA 30907 (706) 860-3315 Edit Listing
- Champion Window Siding & Patio 4070 Washington Rd Augusta GA 30907 (706) 863-6553 Edit Listing
- Chane Mueller 2236 Lindsey Rd Augusta GA 30906 (706) 306-9051 Edit Listing
- CSRA Windows & Siding 2517 Mike Padgett Hwy Augusta GA 30906 (706) 798-7688 Edit Listing
- Georgia Subcontracting 3124 Washington Rd # B Augusta GA 30907 (803) 480-5306 Edit Listing
- Grayco Window & Door Ctr 3833 Martinez Blvd Augusta GA 30907 (706) 389-9513 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 499 Bobby Jones Expy # B Augusta GA 30907 (706) 650-7662 Edit Listing
- J T M Custom Remodeling 2018 Summer Valley Way Augusta GA 30909 (706) 831-9243 Edit Listing
- Jenkins Home Repair 2707 Antler Dr E Augusta GA 30906 (706) 560-9188 Edit Listing
- Lee Crisco 1902 Bowdoin Dr Augusta GA 30909 (706) 869-1502 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 224 Bobby Jones Expy Augusta GA 30907 (706) 651-8600 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 3214 Peach Orchard Rd Augusta GA 30906 (706) 771-9919 Edit Listing
- Magness Design & Remodeling 550 Whitehead Dr Augusta GA 30909 (706) 832-3408 Edit Listing
- Metro Remodeling & Constr Inc PO Box 5073 Augusta GA 30916 (706) 533-9509 Edit Listing
- Montoya's General Svc 1919 Evening Dr Augusta GA 30906 (706) 231-7358 Edit Listing
- Pyramid Custom Renovations 2245 Bayvale Rd Augusta GA 30909 (706) 363-1451 Edit Listing
- Signature Window & Door 1745 Gordon Hwy # A Augusta GA 30904 (706) 868-6722 Edit Listing
- TKW Remodeling 256 Anneswood Rd Augusta GA 30907 (706) 294-9314 Edit Listing
- Tompkins Windows PO Box 3946 Augusta GA 30914 (706) 733-7732 Edit Listing
- Window World 211 Bobby Jones Expy # B Augusta GA 30907 (706) 210-2525 Edit Listing