Raleigh Window Replacement
Raleigh window replacement is an important and necessary project for any home after a certain amount of time. If you’re living in Raleigh, then you’ve probably already experienced its hot, southern summers and wet, chilly winters. The shifting climate allows Raleigh, NC residents to have a taste of all four seasons and keeps the surroundings lush and green for most of the year. However, it can also take a toll on your home windows.
Homeowners in Raleigh, North Carolina replace their windows for a variety of reasons – sometimes because they live in an older home and the windows have begun to crack or wear down. Sometimes your original windows were not installed properly or are ill-fitting and allow the elements to seep in. Either way, windows that are not performing at their best can cost you a great deal of money in power bills as well as an uncomfortable temperature inside your home.
These days, it seems everyone in Raleigh, NC is looking to be more financially responsible, and that means making better choices and small sacrifices. By spending money mostly on what you need and tightening up your budget when it comes to unnecessary spending, people have been shopping smarter. We all want to keep more money in our pockets and save for the future.
One way many people in Raleigh are losing money is on their monthly power bill. Of course you want a comfortable living space to come home to – something cool during the steamy North Carolina summer and cozy and warm during the colder months. Running your heater or air conditioning means spending a little money, but it doesn’t mean you should be breaking the bank to feel comfortable. What most people don’t realize is that when your North Carolina house windows are not properly fitted, you’re practically tossing your paycheck down the drain.
Raleigh window replacement might be the solution to your high power bills. By replacing your old, ill-fitting windows with new replacement parts, you’re going to start seeing a big difference in your bill. When your windows are properly sealed, your heater and air conditioner will not be forced to work overtime.
When to Replace
One of the first questions people ask themselves when they consider Raleigh window replacement is when is the right time for replacement. Again, no one wants to spend money unnecessarily so you want to make sure your windows need replacing. One of the biggest indicators, besides an outstanding electric or gas bill, is the window itself.
Take some time to look at your window. Are there cracks or openings in the molding or sealant? Keep in mind that even the tiniest cracks and fissures can cause big problems. Do you see condensation along the pane? This could be the result of too much moisture inside the home, which is linked to ill-performing windows and ventilation problems.
Once you’ve decided that it’s time for Raleigh window replacement, you can begin comparing Raleigh companies. If you’re concerned about the price, then you’re definitely not alone. Many homeowners put off Raleigh window replacement because they assume it’s going to be too expensive. The truth is that, by comparing quotes and being financially responsible, you are very likely to find replacement options and window installation assistance within your budget.
Making the Choice
One aspect of Raleigh window replacement that overwhelms people is the seemingly endless options. If you’re not familiar with home window replacement, then you might need to do a little research on the options available. Keep in mind that choosing an option that will save energy will also save you money in the long run, even if it seems to be more expensive at first.
Wood options are still very popular in North Carolina as well, even though technology has given us more options. They do not have to be very expensive and can give your home a beautiful, natural look. Wood windows can be great at insulating as well, but, you want to make sure they are custom fit. Purchasing windows that are not custom fit to your home can be just as bad as not replacing your windows at all.
Vinyl replacement windows are a Raleigh window replacement option that is also very popular in NC. They are low maintenance and energy efficient. One reason many people choose Vinyl windows for their Raleigh window replacement project is that they are very durable and will last for several years. In comparison to custom wood window replacement, they’re generally much cheaper.
It is important that when you begin searching for Raleigh window replacement options that you take your time and shop wisely. Be sure to compare a variety of window choices and do not be afraid to change up the style. A new house window design can freshen up your home’s appearance while also providing you a comfortable interior.
U-Factor and SHGC Ratings for Raleigh, North Carolina
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your North Carolina county's recommended replacement window energy efficiency ratings.
By searching for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county, you can make sure that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your investment in new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Raleigh Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Affordable Remodeling Solution 2810 Yonkers Rd # 5b Raleigh NC 27604 (919) 607-5467 Edit Listing
- Alside Supply Ctr 205 S Rogers Ln Raleigh NC 27610 (919) 661-0026 Edit Listing
- Bayleaf Builders Inc 2413 Pleasant Union Church Rd Raleigh NC 27614 (919) 847-3645 Edit Listing
- Borges Construction Co LLC 6220 Angus Dr # 105 Raleigh NC 27617 (919) 785-2929 Edit Listing
- Chuck Shomo Renovations & Rpr 1232 Mount Vernon Church Rd Raleigh NC 27614 (919) 845-7490 Edit Listing
- Custom Renovations 2208 Timberlake Dr Raleigh NC 27604 (919) 669-5291 Edit Listing
- D & D General Remodeling Corp 2053 Thornblade Dr Raleigh NC 27604 (919) 231-4704 Edit Listing
- Greyhouse Inc 702 W Jones St Raleigh NC 27603 (919) 834-7991 Edit Listing
- Harland Windows & Siding 1401 Diggs Dr # G Raleigh NC 27603 (919) 755-0610 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 4901 Capital Blvd Raleigh NC 27616 (919) 878-8771 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 9517 Strickland Rd Raleigh NC 27615 (919) 844-7418 Edit Listing
- Homework Limited 5613 Louisburg Rd Raleigh NC 27616 (919) 872-7122 Edit Listing
- Jeanekitchen & Bthdsgnncrl 516 Pendleton Lake Rd Raleigh NC 27614 (919) 656-0373 Edit Listing
- Less Stress Home 6924 Justice Dr Raleigh NC 27615 (919) 845-5327 Edit Listing
- Louies Custom Windows 2401 Buckwater Ct Raleigh NC 27615 (919) 274-5950 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 4601 Capital Blvd Raleigh NC 27604 (919) 850-9300 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 4831 Grove Barton Rd Raleigh NC 27613 (919) 510-9667 Edit Listing
- Merhi Glass 6925 Old Wake Forest Rd Raleigh NC 27616 (919) 803-1734 Edit Listing
- Nest Home Improvement 900 Lake Forest Dr Raleigh NC 27615 (919) 451-9195 Edit Listing
- Otto's Exteriors 2028 Muirfield Village Way Raleigh NC 27604 (919) 632-1966 Edit Listing
- Party Of Five LTD 308 Mount Vernon Church Rd Raleigh NC 27614 (919) 870-0307 Edit Listing
- Pella Windows & Doors 8831 Westgate Park Dr # 104 Raleigh NC 27617 (919) 859-9881 Edit Listing
- Phoenix Renovation Corp 7711 Welborn St # 101 Raleigh NC 27615 (919) 873-9885 Edit Listing
- Premier Window 10127 Division Dr Raleigh NC 27603 (919) 803-8011 Edit Listing
- Raleigh Clear Bra & Window 4705 Wellington Downs Raleigh NC 27613 (919) 270-0262 Edit Listing
- Realtor's Choice 2405 Churchill Rd Raleigh NC 27608 (919) 696-7383 Edit Listing
- Remedy By Restoration 2123 Barrington Manor Dr Raleigh NC 27612 (919) 346-3493 Edit Listing
- Ron Echols Remodeling 7308 Bassett Hall Ct Raleigh NC 27616 (919) 902-0506 Edit Listing
- Solar View 5812 Applegarth Ln Raleigh NC 27614 (919) 524-0673 Edit Listing
- Southern Comforts Design 5720 Capital Blvd # Q Raleigh NC 27616 (919) 621-2970 Edit Listing
- Stephenson Millwork Co Inc 2810 Yonkers Rd # 1d Raleigh NC 27604 (919) 829-1005 Edit Listing
- Stevens Construction & Cabinet 10941 Raven Rock Dr Raleigh NC 27614 (919) 847-4340 Edit Listing
- Thermosave 5307 Fayetteville Rd Raleigh NC 27603 (919) 809-8896 Edit Listing
- Triangle Remodeling Svc 5638 Berry Creek Cir Raleigh NC 27613 (919) 673-9452 Edit Listing
- Wendell Siding Co Inc Rlgh 5000 Departure Dr Raleigh NC 27616 (919) 365-6203 Edit Listing
- Window Man 1411 Diggs Dr Raleigh NC 27603 (919) 755-0610 Edit Listing
- Window World 641 S New Hope Rd Raleigh NC 27610 (919) 212-6598 Edit Listing
- Windows & Doors R Us 5011 Departure Dr # 105 Raleigh NC 27616 (919) 217-3657 Edit Listing