Philadelphia Window Replacement
Philadelphia window replacement is the key to keeping your home adequately insulated against the cold local winters. When air leaks through outdated or damaged window assemblies, you may notice drafts in your rooms. You may also notice that the cost of heating your home has risen. Contact several Philadelphia window replacement experts for quotes on removing your old units and replacing them with high performing, energy efficient models.
From the founding of the city in 1682, Philadelphia has played significant roles in the nation's development. Today, Philadelphia is a center of finance, education, culture, law and the arts. Tourists from around the world come to the City of Brotherly Love to view the Liberty Bell and other historic attractions. With the gentrification of the city's older neighborhoods, many of its historic homes have been restored. Philadelphia window replacement has been part of this restoration, as homeowners upgrade their dwellings with the latest replacement brands.
Insulating Philadelphia Windows
Homeowners who are handy with household projects may decide to try Philadelphia window replacement themselves rather than spending the additional money to hire a professional Pennsylvania window installation team. While window replacement is not a difficult job on new homes with perfectly intact window frames, replacement on older Philadelphia dwellings can pose problems with waterproofing and insulation. A knowledge of water sealing, weather proofing and insulation are essential to ensure that Philadelphia replacement products perform as expected.
Not even the top Philadelphia window replacement brands will perform effectively if the installation is not done correctly. In order for replacement to be effective in Pennsylvania, where average temperatures in the winter can hover around the 20s or 30s and heavy snow is common, each window frame must be in good condition before Philadelphia window replacement takes place. In old houses, wooden frames may be damaged by moisture accumulation, mold, mildew and pests. A PA contractor will repair frames before installing new units.
Insulating your existing units may help you maintain the condition of your Philadelphia window replacement products. Many PA homeowners are able to increase their home's energy efficiency by caulking or weather stripping their window assemblies. Even nearly invisible gaps around frames or panes can cause air infiltration, which can affect the temperature inside your house and increase your energy usage.
To determine whether insulation is necessary, you can hire an energy auditor to inspect your windows and doors. However, many Pennsylvania homeowners are aware of air infiltration because they can feel drafts, hear panes rattling slightly or see strips of light around the frames. Silicone caulking compounds can be used to seal small or large gaps in your current assemblies. Weather stripping may be used around frames to enhance insulation. If these measures are not effective, Philadelphia window replacement is the next step.
Condensation and Window Replacement
During the fall and winter, when temperatures drop, it's natural to see condensation on your exterior replacement window panes. You may see vapor on your interior panes when you're using dishwashers, boiling water or you've just taken a bath or shower. However, if you see condensation forming on the inside of double paned glass at any time of year, the seal between the panes may be broken.
Some energy efficient products have a high level of condensation resistance. Condensation resistance, or CR, is one of the factors used by the National Fenestration Rating Council to evaluate a brand's energy efficiency. A high rating means that the glass and frame are well insulated enough to minimize the formation of vapor on the inside of your panes. If you often see fog forming on your interior glass, try increasing air flow and reducing moisture inside your rooms with exhaust fans, vents or a dehumidifier.
If ventilation and interior moisture reduction aren't effective at cutting down on condensation, consider replacing your existing assemblies with more efficient models. Condensation may be only one indication that these units are not performing adequately. Your home may also be losing heat on cold days or leaking air when you're running the air conditioner. A PA contractor can evaluate your needs and help you choose a product that reduces vapor formation, keeps your house more comfortable and lowers your utility bills.
Replacing outdated models can also give your Philadelphia house a more contemporary appearance. While many homeowners in the Northeast swear by the appearance and efficiency of wood, others prefer the low maintenance requirements of vinyl or fiberglass. Any of these materials provide superior insulating capabilities if you choose top rated brands.
Philadelphia window replacement is a long term investment. When you buy brands with high energy ratings, you may spend more money up front. However, you'll notice a difference over time in the way your house feels and looks. As an added bonus, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you're contributing to the health of the environment by cutting energy usage.
Energy Star Rating for Philadelphia, PA Windows
Look up the specific U-Factor and Solar Heat Gain CoEfficient for Philadelphia, PA by selecting your county below. Make sure you are educated and have this information on hand when purchasing windows yourself or when speaking with a replacement window contractor.
Philadelphia Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- Abh Construction LLC 1434 Mckinley St Philadelphia PA 19149 (215) 519-0799
- Abstract Renovations LLC 1110 Strahle St Philadelphia PA 19111 (267) 546-7382
- Admired Windows & Doors Inc 2113 W Oregon Ave Philadelphia PA 19145 (215) 462-3880
- Advantage Windows & Doors 6732 Bustleton Ave Philadelphia PA 19149 (215) 338-4126
- Alco Windows Inc 11500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA 19116 (215) 464-3361
- Architectural Window 2118 Washington Ave Philadelphia PA 19146 (215) 545-2956
- Blinds To Go 2060 Cottman Ave Philadelphia PA 19149 (215) 745-3273
- Budget Home Remodeling 4332 Glendale St Philadelphia PA 19124 (215) 820-4302
- Chestnut Hill Windows 18 E Highland Ave Philadelphia PA 19118 (215) 242-6500
- Custom Remodeling LLC 2823 N 27th St Philadelphia PA 19132 (267) 687-7807
- De Finis & Sons Windows Co 8312 State Rd # 14 Philadelphia PA 19136 (215) 624-7118
- DGM Installations 1050 Village Dr Philadelphia PA 19021 (215) 728-0975
- Elite Basement Solutions 4210 Macalester St Philadelphia PA 19124 (215) 457-9000
- Frank Fars Construction 1612 W Oregon Ave Philadelphia PA 19145 (215) 809-3556
- Graboys Commercial Window Co 4050 S 26th St Philadelphia PA 19112 (215) 389-1230
- Helman Construction 1214 Kerper St Philadelphia PA 19111 (215) 283-5078
- Home Crafter Stores Inc 120 Pocasset Rd Philadelphia PA 19115 (215) 464-8115
- Home Depot 11725 Bustleton Ave Philadelphia PA 19116 (215) 676-7238
- Home Depot 1601 S Columbus Blvd Philadelphia PA 19148 (215) 218-0600
- Home Depot 2200 W Oregon Ave Philadelphia PA 19145 (215) 551-2396
- Home Depot 2385 W Cheltenham Ave # 302 Philadelphia PA 19150 (215) 881-9600
- Home Depot 2539 Castor Ave # A Philadelphia PA 19134 (215) 744-2053
- Home Depot 4640 Roosevelt Blvd # 1 Philadelphia PA 19124 (215) 537-6130
- Home Experts LLC 1500 John F Kennedy Blvd # 200 Philadelphia PA 19102 (215) 352-5147
- JAS Windows & More 2251 Fraley St Philadelphia PA 19137 (215) 423-0683
- King TU Inc 4817 Woodland Ave Philadelphia PA 19143 (215) 727-7610
- Lowe's Home Improvement 1500 N 50th St Philadelphia PA 19131 (215) 796-6640
- Lowe's Home Improvement 2106 S Columbus Blvd Philadelphia PA 19148 (215) 982-5391
- Lowe's Home Improvement 3800 Aramingo Ave Philadelphia PA 19137 (215) 904-9951
- Lowe's Home Improvement 9701 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA 19114 (215) 776-9006
- Marsden Brothers 231 Gaskill St Philadelphia PA 19147 (215) 360-4800
- Martin Bean Renovation & Assoc 6066 Vine St Philadelphia PA 19139 (215) 476-5006
- Marvic Supply Co Inc 626 Byberry Rd Philadelphia PA 19116 (215) 673-4323
- Omar Remodeling 7118 Kindred St Philadelphia PA 19149 (215) 594-5481
- Patriot Window & Door Co 3334 Aldine St Philadelphia PA 19136 (215) 333-6663
- Philadelphia Safe & Vault 1605 S Broad St Philadelphia PA 19148 (215) 203-8712
- Precision Builders & Contrac 1922 E Ontario St Philadelphia PA 19134 (267) 718-1706
- Quaker Window Co 1300 S 4th St Philadelphia PA 19147 (215) 467-7373
- Simple Kitchen & Bath LLC 817 N 3rd St Philadelphia PA 19123 (215) 238-1800
- Smart Window Design-Remodeling 5621 Chew Ave Philadelphia PA 19138 (215) 764-5593
- Swift Window & Door Co 6216 Ridge Ave Philadelphia PA 19128 (215) 487-3320
- Twindows 2316 E Dauphin St Philadelphia PA 19125 (215) 426-8929
- Walnut Tree Construction 523 E Church Ln Philadelphia PA 19144 (215) 843-0824
- West Window Co 7402 Drexel Rd Philadelphia PA 19151 (215) 473-8712
- Windows & Doors Unlimited 4426 Frankford Ave # 1 Philadelphia PA 19124 (215) 743-5377
- Windows To Go LLC 4719 N Front St Philadelphia PA 19120 (215) 329-8646
- Wyatt Inc 7400 Brewster Ave Philadelphia PA 19153 (215) 492-5800