Milwaukee Window Replacement
Milwaukee window replacement projects offer homeowners a way to beat the heat and cold of the Milwaukee region. A replacement window offers superior protection from drafts that result from heat lost through gaps in the frame of an older single pane model. Today's high performance double pane model generates the energy efficiency that gives WI shoppers the best return on their investment. Learn about how a Milwaukee window replacement upgrade can insulate your Wisconsin home from a blustery December storm or a humid summer afternoon. Technological advancements in the replacement industry work in our favor so that we not only get to enjoy a beautiful new look for our homes, but also enhanced comfort and reduced utility bills.
Insulating our Milwaukee Homes
Its close proximity to Lake Michigan makes Milwaukee a region prone to extremely cold, harsh winters and hot, muggy summers. Milwaukee window replacement is a way to shield our houses from both types of weather extremes. WI consumers will be delighted by the attractiveness of both wood and Wisconsin vinyl replacement windows, as well as the numerous models available that add style to our homes. This selection process is certainly an exciting part of our Milwaukee improvement project. Functionality and utility are also key considerations to ensure that our residences are protected from the elements. The glazing we select is more critical than the style because it makes the difference between energy savings and energy loss.
A double glazed window, also known as a double pane, refers to a window that has two panes of glass placed together to create a middle buffer space. In some cases the buffer zone is filled with air, although argon gas is much more energy efficient than dead air for our Milwaukee, Wisconsin homes. Argon gas' superior resistance to heat transfer increases its overall energy performance. This insulating glass system keeps our homes from losing heat in the winter and absorbing heat in the summer, which we will notice in the steady temperatures and increased comfort levels we experience inside our residences. Look for a double glazed window that carries the Energy Star label to ensure that the product will perform well in extreme temperatures.
Replacing the single pane windows common in older homes is a sensible reason for a Milwaukee window replacement purchase. Single pane models offer inherently less insulation, which means we actually lose heat and wind up wasting energy by bumping up our thermostats. The thickness and durability of a double pane window makes it more secure from intruders and destructive weather. A replacement project is immediately beneficial in that it offers us an added security measure against home invasion, and a notable reduction in the amount of energy consumed by our household. Milwaukee window replacement contractors can provide free advice and answer any questions we may have about our project, wheter it's new glass or an awning window replacement, so we feel confident we are making a smart decision.
Window Replacement Costs
The cost for Milwaukee window replacement may be a concern as you start researching options. The price for this renovation varies depending on such factors as the material you select, the type of glazing, how many models you wish to have installed, and the company you work with. Perhaps you have considered hiring a handyman to do the job or are considering completing it yourself. Certainly both are doable options and will reduce the overall expense of the project. The importance of proper installation must not be overlooked. Frankly, the amount of money we save may not be worth the time involved if we are not completely certain we can install the products properly.
Professional crews have perfected the Milwaukee window replacement installation process. Depending on the project's scope, as many as half a dozen or more workers will be on site working on your Milwaukee home. The work that could take them a few hours may take you days to complete. Also, Milwaukee window replacement companies have ready access to many more available products and styles than the average Wisconsin consumer would. There is a learning curve to getting the exterior cladding sealed just right, and these skilled workers have it down to a science. In theory, a homeowner can save money by doing their own installation or hiring a handyman, but in practice the time it will take and learning involved likely will not be worthwhile.
Milwaukee window replacement experts not only advise us on achieving the particular look we desire, but they also help us find affordable products that protect our families and the environment. They understand that a replacement project is a huge undertaking, and make sure that our questions are answered at every stage. Our free service can put you in touch with numerous contractors in your area so you can gather quotes and information today.
U-Factor and SHGC Ratings for Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Use the u-factor and solar heat gain co-efficient (SHGC) tool below to search for your Wisconsin county's recommended replacement window energy efficiency ratings.
By searching for the specific u-factor and SHGC for your county, you can make sure that you are educated and have this information on hand in order to maximize the financial return on your investment in new windows. Remember to research thoroughly prior to purchasing, regardless of whether you are installing the windows yourself or having them installed by a licensed professional contractor.
If your county shows more than one u-factor and shgc combination, you may safely choose any combination. However, we recommend discussing the best option with a window replacement professional.
Milwaukee Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- A Teska Construction 3315 S 13th St Milwaukee WI 53215 (414) 737-0101 Edit Listing
- Adapt II Design 4188 N 13th St Milwaukee WI 53209 (262) 705-7744 Edit Listing
- B-Trimmed 4830 N 74th St Milwaukee WI 53218 (888) 903-9486 Edit Listing
- Badger Building Supply Inc 1228 W Bruce St Milwaukee WI 53204 (414) 643-7766 Edit Listing
- Best Value Window & Door Co 2859 S Ellen St Milwaukee WI 53207 (414) 483-1716 Edit Listing
- Better Bath Systems 9119 W Herbert Ct Milwaukee WI 53225 (262) 352-2898 Edit Listing
- Champion Window Siding & Patio 12100 W Wirth St # 100 Milwaukee WI 53222 (414) 616-8922 Edit Listing
- D & Z Home Improvement 5135 N Woodburn St Milwaukee WI 53217 (414) 962-9511 Edit Listing
- Dreams Come True Construction 6142 S 33rd St Milwaukee WI 53221 (414) 386-2364 Edit Listing
- Epps Home Improvement 3832 N 25th St Milwaukee WI 53206 (414) 445-5176 Edit Listing
- Four Lite Window & Door 11920 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee WI 53225 (414) 462-4444 Edit Listing
- Glass Pro 5813 W Bluemound Rd Milwaukee WI 53213 (414) 453-1060 Edit Listing
- Good Hands Remodeling 1802 S 60th St Milwaukee WI 53214 (414) 218-2522 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 11071 W National Ave Milwaukee WI 53227 (414) 329-1366 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 150 W Holt Ave Milwaukee WI 53207 (414) 481-8770 Edit Listing
- Home Depot 4155 N Port Washington Rd Milwaukee WI 53212 (414) 263-1291 Edit Listing
- Home Towne Windows & Doors Inc 10930 W Rogers St Milwaukee WI 53227 (414) 329-1200 Edit Listing
- Homesealed Exteriors 2321 S 108th St Milwaukee WI 53227 (414) 545-0405 Edit Listing
- Jabez Remodeling 2524 N Hubbard St Milwaukee WI 53212 (414) 312-8635 Edit Listing
- Jolin Enterprises 3303 S 123rd St Milwaukee WI 53227 (414) 327-9909 Edit Listing
- Keller Remodeling Inc 4415 S 112th St Milwaukee WI 53228 (414) 529-7690 Edit Listing
- Lowe's Home Improvement 12000 W Burleigh St Milwaukee WI 53222 (414) 257-4159 Edit Listing
- Menards 2101 Miller Park Way Milwaukee WI 53219 (414) 672-5178 Edit Listing
- Menards 2535 S 108th St Milwaukee WI 53227 (414) 545-1903 Edit Listing
- Menards 8110 W Brown Deer Rd Milwaukee WI 53223 (414) 355-5666 Edit Listing
- Milwaukee Millwork 11712 W Dixon St Milwaukee WI 53214 (414) 774-8248 Edit Listing
- Norandex Building Materials 4800 W Electric Ave Milwaukee WI 53219 (414) 383-5344 Edit Listing
- Now & Then Restoration 1910 N Warren Ave Milwaukee WI 53202 (414) 235-0939 Edit Listing
- Phillip's Remodeling 8220 W Morgan Ave Milwaukee WI 53220 (414) 640-7888 Edit Listing
- Red Maple Design Build Inc 7616 Harwood Ave # 304 Milwaukee WI 53213 (262) 717-9580 Edit Listing
- Skebba Brothers Remodeling 6254 W Port Ave Milwaukee WI 53223 (414) 967-1777 Edit Listing
- Universal Windows Direct 1729 S 108th St Milwaukee WI 53214 (414) 467-8255 Edit Listing
- WASCO 5070 N 124th St Milwaukee WI 53225 (414) 464-9200 Edit Listing
- WASCO 5110 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee WI 53219 (414) 455-4044 Edit Listing
- Wasco Windows 5070 N 124th St Milwaukee WI 53225 (414) 455-0257 Edit Listing
- Wellington Window & Door Co 10931 W Mitchell St Milwaukee WI 53214 (414) 453-7000 Edit Listing