Louisville Window Replacement
Louisville window replacement is a worthwhile venture for any homeowner looking for a way to increase the curb appeal of their home in one project. Completing this project with can also make your home more energy efficient, decrease utility bills and improve ventilation. However, this project can also seem slightly overwhelming to most homeowners, and is especially confusing to those with little or no home improvement experience. The good news is, but getting to know the basics of Kentucky window replacement, you're much more likely to choose a product that will benefit your living space for many years.
Derby city is a great place to call home. Besides being both an affordable place to live and conveniently located to other metropolitan areas, Louisville also boasts an exiciting nightlife, diverse music scene and is home to the legendary annual Kentucky Derby. Sports and multiple types of recreation are a high priority in this city, and partially due to it's fantastic weather. However, Louisville, KY is also know for being very humid, and that can have a serious affect on the life of your windows.
When to Replace
Most people don't realize that they need a window replacement until it's already too late and they're experiencing major problems. This puts you at a disadvantage as you will not have enough prior notice to budget properly. Catching window problems early is key to a successful, cheap and fast Louisville window replacement. There are multiple "warning signs" to alert you that it is time to replace.
If you experience especially drafty winters or exceptionally humid summers and you know your heat and air conditioning are running properly, it's likely that you'll need to perform a Louisville window replacement job soon. Usually, ill-fitting or old materials are poor insulators and allow heat to escape during the winter while allowing moisture and humidity inside during the summer. The moist environment in Louisville, KY can also affect the shape of your frames or sashes and, if they are made of older wood products, then then can easily warp or shift over time.
Once you complete your Louisville replacement job, you'll notice an immediate difference in the temperature of your home. Summers will be cooler, winters will be cozier and, with any luck, your power bills will start dropping quite a bit. It's also a good idea to consider Energy Star rated Louisville window replacement materials while you're browing window replacement estimates. They are good insulators for additional energy saving benefits.
There are many materials you can choose from to complete your Louisville window replacement job, and all materials have their own advantages and disadvantages. These Kentucky options range in cost, durability, effectiveness and maintenance. Carefully consider each type of Louisville window replacement option before you begin the replacement process so you know which material will perform the best for your needs.
Vinyl is quickly surpassing wood as the most popular material for Louisville window replacement. It has many advantages, such as the fact that it is incredibly low-maintenance and can be cleaned with simple soap and water. It is also very good at insulation, which means that you don't have to worry about excessive heat transfer or a drafty home. This material is fairly inexpensive and very durable. However, it generally only comes in a limited selection of colors and has been known to fade more easily over time than some other options.
Wood is still a popular choice for Louisville window replacement, but it is usually affixed with a vinyl/aluminum cover to improve it's lifespan. Exposed wood can rot, attract termites and can warp quickly over time - which you've probably experienced if you're looking into KY replacements. However, one of the primary advantages of replacing with wood is that the natural look of wood is very difficult to replicate and many homeowners select this option for aesthetic reasons.
Aluminum is another material that has been used for several years, but has changed over time. Firstly aluminum is inexpensive, which is a great advantage. However, it is also a poor insulator and will commonly transfer the temperature of the outside into the building - which is generally not an ideal situation. Thus, these days aluminum is used much more for commercial and industrial buildings than for residential homes.
Choosing a Louisville Window Replacment
Once you've decided it's time to replace and chosen a material, you can then choose a manufacturer and, eventually, a contractor. Some people prefer the idea of installing their new products themselves, but this is not necessarily the best decision for everyone. Unless you have window replacement experience, you're much better off hiring the services of a Louisville replacement professional to ensure that the job is done correctly. After you complete your Louisville window replacement job, you can relax and enjoy the many benefits of your home improvement project.
Energy Star Rating for Louisville, KY Windows
Look up the specific U-Factor and Solar Heat Gain CoEfficient for Louisville, KY by selecting your county below. Make sure you are educated and have this information on hand when purchasing windows yourself or when speaking with a replacement window contractor.
Louisville Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- A 24 Hour Door Repair 115 Charteroaks Dr Louisville KY 40241 (502) 426-5650
- A+ Home Work & Imprvs LLC 3107 Pamela Way Louisville KY 40220 (502) 797-2193
- Allied Aluminum Products Inc 1410 W Market St Louisville KY 40203 (502) 568-1100
- Americas Window 9500 Preston Hwy Louisville KY 40229 (502) 964-1422
- Apple Windows 2303 Hurstbourne Village Dr Louisville KY 40299 (502) 240-5550
- Architectural Window Door-Dsgn 3600 Chamberlain Ln # 814 Louisville KY 40241 (502) 425-5699
- Bailey Remodeling & Constr LLC 137 Breckenridge Ln Louisville KY 40207 (502) 290-2629
- Bardstown Window & Glass 307 New Venture Dr Louisville KY 40214 (502) 749-3896
- Bill Smith's Home Improvement 2528 Clarendon Ave Louisville KY 40205 (502) 458-3640
- Brabb Construction 9827 Galene Dr Louisville KY 40299 (502) 500-0540
- Chad Clemerson Construction 1012 Eigelbach Ave Louisville KY 40217 (502) 468-3776
- Champion Window Siding & Patio 4203 Bunton Ct Louisville KY 40213 (502) 454-5111
- Davidson's Custom Drapery 4002 Camp Ground Rd Louisville KY 40211 (502) 776-2677
- Decor Blinds & Shades 400 Berry Hill Pl Louisville KY 40243 (502) 491-4999
- Doctor Remodel LLC 819 Foxwood Ave Louisville KY 40223 (502) 209-8624
- Door Store & Windows 4625 Shelbyville Rd Louisville KY 40207 (502) 896-1717
- DRK Partners 10817 Bluegrass Pkwy Louisville KY 40299 (502) 491-5445
- Gilbert Lindsey Sheet Metal 5711 E Manslick Rd Louisville KY 40219 (502) 298-4650
- Gilkey Window Co 2199 Watterson Trl Louisville KY 40299 (502) 267-1616
- Home Depot 10301 Westport Rd Louisville KY 40241 (502) 339-7909
- Home Depot 2600 S Hurstbourne Pkwy Louisville KY 40220 (502) 491-3682
- Home Depot 4250 E Blue Lick Rd Louisville KY 40229 (502) 955-6509
- Home Depot 6840 Dixie Hwy Louisville KY 40258 (502) 933-3332
- Home Depot 8232 Preston Hwy Louisville KY 40219 (502) 964-1845
- Home Depot 964 Breckenridge Ln Louisville KY 40207 (502) 899-3706
- Investment Renovations 320 Tyne Rd Louisville KY 40207 (502) 896-1263
- Jaba Construction 12312 Winchester Woods Pl Louisville KY 40223 (502) 749-3207
- Jim Phillips Inc 1007 E Jefferson St Louisville KY 40206 (502) 589-4501
- Larry Matherly Replacement 5300 Galaxie Dr Louisville KY 40258 (502) 447-9488
- Lowe's Home Improvement 2100 Bashford Manor Ln Louisville KY 40218 (502) 238-5245
- Lowe's Home Improvement 4930 Norton Healthcare Blvd Louisville KY 40241 (502) 420-1452
- Lowe's Home Improvement 501 S Hurstbourne Pkwy Louisville KY 40222 (502) 394-9400
- Lowe's Home Improvement 6651 Dixie Hwy Louisville KY 40258 (502) 933-0745
- Lowe's Home Improvement 9800 Preston Crossing Blvd Louisville KY 40229 (502) 810-0116
- Omega 4500 Southern Pkwy Louisville KY 40214 (502) 368-7855
- Pella Windows & Doors 11450 Bluegrass Pkwy Louisville KY 40299 (502) 240-5822
- Peters Painting & Remodeling 13730 Rehl Rd Louisville KY 40299 (502) 639-5920
- Probuilt Renovation & Design 3510 Kerry Dr Louisville KY 40218 (502) 491-7374
- Reasonable Remodeling & Repair 3003 Meade Ave Louisville KY 40217 (502) 635-2911
- S & P Collins Properties LLC PO Box 427 Louisville KY 40056 (502) 500-9488
- S B Home Renovations LLC 7616 Pavilion Park Rd Louisville KY 40214 (502) 314-8316
- Tanner's Lock & Door Closure 3836 Darlene Dr Louisville KY 40216 (502) 776-4924
- Tru Fit Windows 3221 Ruckriegel Pkwy # B Louisville KY 40299 (502) 266-5464
- Wayne's 329 Bucky Burton Dr Louisville KY 40229 (502) 939-9992
- Weber Windows 10809 Bluegrass Pkwy Louisville KY 40299 (502) 499-9399
- Window & Door Ctr 526 E Burnett Ave Louisville KY 40217 (502) 245-4547
- Window World 2200 Brennen Business Ct Louisville KY 40299 (502) 671-7777