Jacksonville Window Replacement
A Jacksonville window replacement is the ideal way to increase the energy efficiency of a Florida home. You will see savings on the very first heating and cooling bill once the replacements are complete. If you have noticed that your FL home is getting very warm in the summer despite the best efforts of the cooling system, it is probably time to do a Jacksonville window replacement. Shop online to find the best available rates on a replacement in your area. You will undoubtedly be pleased at the affordability of replacements.
When shopping for a replacement for a window in a Jacksonville, FL home, be sure to look for Energy Star approved products. The Energy Star emblem tells you that the window has passed vigorous testing for energy efficiency. When you use more energy efficient products, you may also qualify for a tax rebate on the cost of the window through the Energy Star program.
The Energy Star program was developed to encourage homeowners to use energy efficient products when doing their home improvement projects. Be sure to save the receipts for the window as well as the installation receipts and talk to the tax professional you use to determine what rebates you might be eligible for.
In order for a Jacksonville window replacement to be energy efficient, it must have a low U value, or U factor, a low air infiltration, and the proper amount of solar heat gain in Jacksonville, Florida. The solar heat gain is the measurement of the amount of solar energy that passes through the windowpane. In warmer climates like FL, it is important to have a lower solar heat gain.
Replacement Window Cost
The cost to replace a window in Florida depends on the material you use and the size of the windows to be replaced. If cost is a concern, there are several items you can do to help minimize the damage to your pocketbook. One of the easiest things to do is to spread the replacements over time. You might want to do the worst windows first and then work your way through the others as you can.
Another great way to save on the cost of the Jacksonville window replacement in a home is to choose low cost material. One of the best replacement windows for this purpose is the vinyl styles. Florida vinyl window replacement is an excellent choice for any replacement need. It is affordable, easy to maintain, and will last for many years.
If cost is not a concern, and you like the look of wood but not the upkeep, you may want to consider using a composite material. Composite windows will not warp or rot like wood will and require virtually no maintenance. These windows are slightly higher in price, but well worth it in the amount of efficiency you will gain in your Jacksonville home.
Another great way to lower the cost of the replacements is to consider doing the work yourself. Replacing windows is not hard, especially for jobs like single paned glass window replacement and can be done by anyone who is handy with tools. If you are nervous to do the work yourself, consider splitting the work with a contractor. For instance, you can remove the old units and allow the contractor to place the new ones.
To replace the windows in your Jacksonville home, first measure the units you plan to replace. Carefully measure the width and the length of your old units in three places and record the lowest measurement. This will ensure you purchase a Jacksonville window replacement that will fit properly.
The next item you will want to look at is the frames. If you have frames on your old windows that are rotted or damaged, you will need to replace the frames at the same time you replace the windows. A new Jacksonville window replacement will not fit properly in a damaged frame and so will not give you maximum efficiency.
If you do have damaged frames, you may want to consider hiring a Jacksonville contractor to do the replacement project for you. The contractor will add a new frame and ensure the Jacksonville window replacement fits snugly into the opening. Be sure to get quotes from several licensed and insured contract companies before you choose one.
A Jacksonville window replacement is the best way to increase the value of your Jacksonville home while improving the look and the energy efficiency. Be sure, when you are shopping for a Jacksonville window replacement that you look for efficient products and save the receipts for tax purposes. No matter whether you are replacing casement, awning, or picture windows, you will find amazing savings from a variety of providers when you shop online. Compare quotes and order the replacements from the comfort of your living room or office.
Energy Star Rating for Jacksonville, FL Windows
Look up the specific U-Factor and Solar Heat Gain CoEfficient for Jacksonville, FL by selecting your county below. Make sure you are educated and have this information on hand when purchasing windows yourself or when speaking with a replacement window contractor.
Jacksonville Window Suppliers
Click the links below to see a list of local window retailers, contractors, and manufacturers.
- A1 Auto Glass 5245 Amazon Ave Jacksonville FL 32254 (904) 353-4555
- ABC Windows Of Jax 6684 Columbia Park Dr S # 6 Jacksonville FL 32258 (904) 374-5512
- All Phases Remodeling 4044 Lenox Ave Jacksonville FL 32254 (850) 554-5123
- Alside Supply Ctr 9855 Mining Dr Jacksonville FL 32257 (904) 886-7750
- Architectural Windows-Cabinets 327 Tresca Rd Jacksonville FL 32225 (904) 725-8495
- Big D Building Ctr PO Box 40706 Jacksonville FL 32203 (904) 350-6600
- C R Investments 12631 Shady Creek Dr Jacksonville FL 32223 (904) 292-2563
- Colin Lovejoy's Home Mntnc 7287 Eagles Perch Dr Jacksonville FL 32244 (904) 777-3187
- Coverall Interiors 6680 Columbia Park Dr S # 1 Jacksonville FL 32258 (904) 268-3240
- Dean Laurie Sabert Jr 4162 Aldington Dr Jacksonville FL 32210 (904) 771-0541
- Denis Lemire General Repairs 6215 Carlton Rd Jacksonville FL 32244 (904) 771-0235
- Donald's Remodeling Inc 1506 W 16th St Jacksonville FL 32209 (904) 356-8189
- Donteas Remodeling 2412 Mark Ave Jacksonville FL 32207 (904) 329-1034
- Extreme Window Repair Inc 8619 Hammondwood Rd S Jacksonville FL 32221 (904) 219-5866
- Frieda Window Systems Inc 5149 Sunbeam Rd # 1 Jacksonville FL 32257 (904) 443-0034
- Harrington Remodeling 12442 Apple Leaf Dr Jacksonville FL 32224 (904) 838-1542
- Home Depot 12111 Lem Turner Rd Jacksonville FL 32218 (904) 766-2818
- Home Depot 12721 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville FL 32225 (904) 220-1010
- Home Depot 9520 Regency Square Blvd N Jacksonville FL 32225 (904) 727-7574
- Home Depot 9751 Crosshill Blvd Jacksonville FL 32222 (904) 771-3372
- Home Right Windows & Doors 4801 Executive Park Ct Jacksonville FL 32216 (904) 701-7609
- Homerite Windows & Doors 4801 Executive Park Ct # 207 Jacksonville FL 32216 (904) 296-2515
- Hurricane Armor 10550 Deerwood Park Blvd # 650 Jacksonville FL 32256 (904) 861-0000
- Jacksonville Brick & Door PO Box 12267 Jacksonville FL 32209 (904) 350-9112
- Kenneth Whyrick Remodeling 4242 Lexington Ave Jacksonville FL 32210 (904) 334-6108
- Lee & Cates Glass 142 N Madison St Jacksonville FL 32204 (904) 366-6757
- Lowe's Home Improvement 12945 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville FL 32225 (904) 486-4701
- Lowe's Home Improvement 13125 City Square Dr Jacksonville FL 32218 (904) 696-4063
- Lowe's Home Improvement 4040 Oldfield Crossing Dr Jacksonville FL 32223 (904) 886-7112
- Lowe's Home Improvement 5155 Lenox Ave Jacksonville FL 32205 (904) 486-1260
- Lowe's Home Improvement 8054 Philips Hwy Jacksonville FL 32256 (904) 828-5170
- Lowe's Home Improvement 9525 Regency Square Blvd N Jacksonville FL 32225 (904) 855-8088
- Miracle Windows & Sunroom 8640 Philips Hwy # 25 Jacksonville FL 32256 (904) 367-1797
- Miracle Windows & Sunrooms 8933 Western Way # 11 Jacksonville FL 32256 (904) 363-8319
- Monroe Construction Of Jax Inc 5513 Oliver Creek Dr Jacksonville FL 32258 (904) 262-2181
- P & P Remodeling Inc 2783 Selma St Jacksonville FL 32205 (904) 388-3185
- Pella Windows & Doors 7818 Philips Hwy # 200 Jacksonville FL 32256 (904) 731-8033
- Power Windows & More Inc 630 Egret Bluff Ln Jacksonville FL 32211 (904) 631-5810
- Prividence Windows & Doors 463 Portobello Dr Jacksonville FL 32221 (904) 384-3416
- Quality 1st Jax Remodeling 1966 Lakewood Cir S Jacksonville FL 32207 (904) 900-3057
- Reinhardt Restoration Inc 790 Hickory Hill Dr Jacksonville FL 32221 (904) 219-9905
- Remodeling Service 2739 Ruth Dr Jacksonville FL 32207 (904) 731-5819
- Suncoast Property Renovations 12086 Fort Caroline Rd Jacksonville FL 32225 (904) 642-2330
- Thompson Remodeling-Repair 2281 W 10th St Jacksonville FL 32209 (904) 253-3324
- U B Exterior Design Inc 4002 Aldington Dr Jacksonville FL 32210 (904) 389-5125
- Visionnaire Of Jax 2910 W Beaver St Jacksonville FL 32254 (904) 861-1992
- WA Remodeling Inc 8802 Corporate Square Ct Jacksonville FL 32216 (904) 724-4888
- Wameling Enterprises 11488 Cypress Bend Ct Jacksonville FL 32223 (772) 233-3373
- Weather Wise Windows & Doors 5771 Mining Ter # 204 Jacksonville FL 32257 (904) 288-8711
- Weatherwise Windows & Doors 12057 Lake Fern Dr Jacksonville FL 32258 (904) 268-7765
- Window Designs Inc 7777 Pinnacle Dr Jacksonville FL 32221 (904) 781-1554
- Window Gang 1258 Saint Johns Bluff Rd N Jacksonville FL 32225 (904) 565-4452
- Window Man Inc 965 Granville Rd Jacksonville FL 32205 (904) 695-0990
- Window World 8110 Cypress Plaza Dr # 405 Jacksonville FL 32256 (904) 443-7001